☁︎︎ 11

11 • change •

My light brown curly hair was frizzy. My green eyes weren't so green. My undereye bags were darker than usual and my pink lips lost their vibrance and smooth texture.

I didn't look the same.

I've slowly come to terms that I might never look the same.

Leia said she'll help.

She left me in the tiny bathroom by myself to go look for something. I sat on the toilet next to the door and began taking off the bandages, and like Lunelle said, the wounds fully healed. I continued to unwrap the bandages along my legs, then my arms.

Leia knocked on the door, "Come in."

She walked in with a weaved basket with boxes inside at set it on the sink.

After a moment of silence, "Lunelle told me what he did." She brings up. I look at her in confusion. "You know, healing you and... what happened before I came."

"Oh," I responded, once again I didn't know what to say.

A wave of guilt flooded me. These people are helping me and my conscious feels awful about it. A pit forms in my stomach.

I look up from fiddling my long nails to Leia and catch her staring at me.

The silence continues and she breaks it again. "We're helping you." She says kindly. Her facade changing from when I first met her.

"Thank you."

"So um, I have two hair colors for you."

"Hmm?"

"Your eager to leave, but if you wanna go anywhere, your gonna need to change your look."

I take a deep breath and look at the contents in the basket.

"Light hair, maybe turn you into a blond. Or darken..." I let Leia continue. "You'll look good with black hair."

"Okay."

"Um, and contacts, I love contacts so I have a lot. Here are the ones I never wore so you can use them. Blue, violet, green and hazel but your eyes are already those kind of color so no. Dark brownish- kinda black. That's a common color so you could wear those so blend in."

"Are your eyes that color?" I ask, referring to her golden eyess.

"Yeah, me and Lunelle have naturally gold eyes. From my mom." I let her continue to talk and get comfortable.

The room becomes silent again.

"I know what your thinking."

I look at her golden orbs. "You know..." She begins messing with random items. "That battle, you and Moira was-" She raises her brows, I can tell what she was implying.

"Everyone saw your face on the screens, and uh...." She struggles trying to put the words together. "Just know, Lunelle and I are genuinely trying to help you."

"Why?" I finally manage to ask.

The though of why has been floating around my mind since.

She fixes her posture and weakly smiles at me. Shrugging her shoulders and begins to pack the items we're not using. "Why not. You need it though."

"I-"

She laughs, and I do as well. "You're not wrong." My head drops. Her answer wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but I shouldn't expect anything from the twins, really.

Since it was Lunelle who brought me here and chose to help me, not Leia, the thought of maybe she's just doing it for her brother crept into my mind.

I weakly smile at her, not knowing what to say.

Seems like now I never know what to say.

"I wanna cut my hair." I just blurt our.

Well that's not what your suppose to say.

She raises her brows at me. "Cut it?"

"Yeah, why not."

She smiles at me, a smile that looks genuine. We stand next to each other and look at each other through to mirror. This reminds me of my sister.

Leia lays the basket on the floor.

"Let's get started then."

···

I twist the nob off the shower and stand for a moment. Cold droplets dripping down my now short, black hair.

I pull open the curtain and grab the towel that Leia left for me. I dry myself off and put on the extra clothes they lended me.

Once I'm done I stare at my reflection in the mirror-I look a little more lively than before.

I hear a knock at the door. "It's Lunelle."

"Yes?"

"I'm going downtown to the plaza, where the markets are to get a few things.." I open the restroom door and look at him wearing the same jacket and boots as before.

He looks at me up and down and says more quietly, "If you want you could come with me." It sounds more like a question.

A bunch of thoughts crowd into my mind at once, but I push them all away for the time being.

"Sure."