☁︎︎ 19

19 • we meet again •

"Athena?"

I never though I'd hear that name from the same voice ever again. I guess I should've known, we're in the same small town.

I rapidly look around to check if anyone was around and place my hand over his mouth.

He apologizes under my mouth and stares at me with wide eyes. "You left." He grabbed my wrist and placed my hand away from him.

"I know." I told him with pity, because honestly a part of me felt bad for unexpectedly leaving someone who assisted me greatly. "What happened?" He asked, staring at me desperately.

"I had to go."

"You could've told us-"

"The first time I tried to leave you guys insisted. I- I had to hurry up and leave."

"Where are you going?"

"To find my sister."

"On your own?" He exclaims.

"No, I'm going with someone."

"Who?"

"A Fae."

He looks at me like I grew another pair of eyes. "That's dangerous."

"No it's not-"

"They're illusionist, photokinesis, mesmerizers, tricksters. You don't know what a fae will do to you. What he's already done to you. What he's pulling, Athena-"

"Theodosia."

He pauses for a second. "What?"

"My name isn't Athena." I whisper "It's Theodosia. And that fairy hasn't done anything to me. Nor will he. Okay?"

I rip the tag off the black shades and place them on as I walk past Lunelle to the front and he follows. I lay the bag of food on the counter as the worker checks it.

"Where are you going?" Lunelle repeats.

"I already said it. To find my sister."

"But where?" He nags.

"The next town by." I hand the faun across the counter a few coins as he returns my sack of supplies. "Have a good day." He smirks.

"You too."

"You don't know where you're going specifically, aren't you?" Lunelle's ears perk up while he follows me out the market.

The sun has risen slightly higher, the sky became brighter and the streets a little busier. Carts and carriages drive down the road as people converse.

"Listen." I turn to face him. "I know where I'm going. I'll be fine." I turn back around and begin making my ways towards the shop Eden was at.

I see another familiar face nearby. The darkskinned woman with identical golden eyes as Lunelle walk towards me.

When Leia gets closer she realizes exactly who I am, making her expression clear. With more common sense than Lunelle she walks towards me whispering.

"Theodosia." Lunelle says.

"What?" She ask, looking over me.

"Her name is Theodosia."

She looks at me with her golden eyes and looks for a moment surprised. "What happened?"

"Nothing."

"You just left, we thought something happened to you." She opens her eyes indicating what she meant.

And the thought sent shivers.

"I'm fine I just have to go. I can't stay for long." I turn past her but she keeps a very gentle and loose hold on my upper arm.

Before either of them could say another word people on the street began to chat louder. I started to get bumped and pushed around as people chaoticly compress together towards the sidewalk.

The sounds of the people were almost silenced by the loud sound of a horses calloping to the town and the queens soilders on their backs.

I feel a warm hand grab my wrist and pull me into the chest of Eden. "Let's go." He speaks seriously, leaving no room for argument. With the calvary still in veiw at the end of the road, I follow Eden without a second thought.

We pass a few cottages and walks down an ally, getting further away from the streets.

"Theodosia!" I hear my name called out from behind me. Still holding Edens hand, we turn around to find the twins speed walking towards us.

"You know them?" He leans down to my ear.

"Yeah." My voice low, turning my head to come very closely face to face with him. His grey eyes study my green ones for a moment, contradicting.

"Where are you going?" Leia pants and she makes it towards us. When she makes eyecontact with Eden, they linger for a moment.

"I already told you."

"It's not safe." Lunelle looks at me, not breaking eye contact but very clearly indicating the fae I'm accompanied with, whom have a reputation of being mischievous.

Lunelle then looks at Eden, with a unexplainable glare. Surprise?

My eyes switch from Lunelle to Leia "I'm going, I can't stay here."

"She's right." She cuts off Lunelle before he could put a word in. "The royal guards are scouting the town. Reiya told me they're staying at Pendrith tonight. They'll be here for a while, she can't be here." She looks at me with pity in her golden eyes.

Leia continues to look at Eden "You're M-" The guards yelling comes closer and we looks back.

"Thoes guards are going to hold us back." Eden rolls his eyes in annoyance and gently holds my hand.

Eden wants to go because he doesn't want to get caught up with the guards interviews and search for Athena

I want to go because I'm the one they're looking for. Leia and Lunelle know that. 

"Hey! You four! Come here!" We quickly turn around to see two guards standing in between two shops.

And we break into a sprint.

Running, again. It never stops. Although this time, I'm not alone. The thought of it is comforting yet terrifying.

Eden lays a hand on each tree he passes, not loosing speed. Leia and Lunelle run besides us, swerving through the vines. I hear the guards behind us yelling to stop.

None of us stop,

Except Eden.