☁︎ 31

31 • dawn

The next time I wake up it's daytime. The warm sun beams through the bedrooms curtains and the air is still.
My eyes revert towards the balcony, the memories flooding in and making me smile.

I turn around and look at Eden laying on the bed. Last night when he dropped me off back to my room I asked him to stay, and he did.

His hair was spread across his forehead as he rested besides me. His lips were relaxed and slightly parted. He laid sideways facing me, one wing was against the bed while the other was draped over our body.

His wings didn't bother as much as I thought.

I brushed his hair back from his face and his eyes fluttered open. "Good morning." He said in his groggy morning voice. His arm that was draped over my figure wrapped around me tighter. "How'd you sleep?"

"Better" I continued to play with his hair.

"Its cause I'm here right," he smirked sarcastically.

I was more serious "Maybe."

He smiles at me, then I remove myself from his grip as he groaned while I got up from the bed. "What are you doing..." his face sinks in the pillow.

Adjust my shorts while walking around the bed and towards the door. When I open it and peak my head out I find Berilo, the same man from yesterday, standing by the doorframe. "What are we doing today?" I ask.

"You five are having breakfast with the queen, the rest will be discussed with her royal majesty. You'll be escorted to your private bath then Ruby will prepare you."

I close the door to my room and find Eden laying on his stomach faceing me with his wings spread open, covering the entire bed.

"We're having breakfast with the queen."

"Mhm."

I sit at the edge of the bed besides him, he places his hand on my thigh and massages. "Don't let her intimidate you."

I clench my jaw in nervousness, then place my hand over his as he rubs on my bare skin, his warmth electrifying every touch.

He's cute.

"I'm gonna go shower, meet you there?"

"The bath or breakfast?"

"Breakfast." I get up from the bed but he grabs my hand.

"See you there princess." He turns and shoves his face in the pillow again.

••

I enter the bath, making sure my straightened hair is up and away from the water. I grab the natural oap and lather it on, fully cleaning myself until I hear a splash and scream.

I turn around startled and come face to face with Tiara. Her dark hair wet and stuck onto her face and her bright blue eyes peirced through me. "Rise and shine sweetcheeks!" She swims over to me.

"Good morning ugly."

"Good morning, how are you?" Her good mood is uplifting.

"I'm better, how are you?"

"I'm good," she lays back and floats about the water effortlessly. "Ready for today?"

"I guess, I don't know what we're doing today though."

"Me either, but you gotta be ready."

We stay silent for a moment as she plays in the water. Using her abilities to create water bubbles and different shapes float in the air around her. "How are you feeling?" She asks.

"Um," I hear Eden's voice echo in the back of my mind. Speak to your sister. I remember feeling upset about not being able to talk to her, but now I have the opportunity too. "Anxious."

Tiara stops playing with the water and looks at me in all seriousness.

She knows that whenever I feel anxious about something, it's better to pay attention to that feeling.

Last time I felt a predicting gut feeling was for my Athena VS Moira fight, and my outburst ended up happening.

So she knows it's serious.

"Why?" She ask while swimming near me with eyes of pity "Be honest with me Theo."

"The queen." I blurt out.

I know it sounds crazy. Queen Bruna has done nothing to us. She's given us luxurious shelter and comfort, food and protection. Why would I feel any type of negative way?

Things are too good right now.

The news about Athena has settled, seems like everyone forgot about it. It was quick come and go moment under the awful spotlight. Word still goes around, it will take a while to settle but it isn't as bad as before.

It feels strange that things are good now, my happiness doesn't feel like it'll last. I'm anxiously waiting for the worst to come.

"What do you mean the queen?"

"You don't get an off feeling about her?"

"No..."

"She's... maybe it's just with me but- I don't know. I mean she was scaping the entire kingdom for me, it was all over, she was looking for me. I thought she would've- I didn't except high class treatment. What does she want from me? From us? What, are we just gonna lounge around here forever Tiara?"

She pauses for a moment, thinking. "You're right."

"I thought I was crazy. I thought you would've disagreed."

"You're not, and, your instincts are never wrong. We'll ask her during breakfast."

At breakfast I didn't want to go by myself first, so I waited until me and my sister were fully prepared to enter. And this time, we weren't first. Leia and Lunelle were sitting on opposite sides at the breakfast table with the queen.

"Good morning." Me and Tiara bowed before taking our seats.

The queen greeted us and we made small talk as breakfast was served. I never found the right opportunity to mention what Tiara and I spoke about, and Queen Bruna didn't bring it up either. Nobody said anything. 

Before breakfast was over the queen invited us to an event.

"The ball will he held tommorow evening in the castle ball room. You all have plenty of preparations to complete, you're stylist will be assisting you. All I ask is to make sure you're all ready on time."

"What for?" Lunelle ask.

"Oh, its just a social gathering. Other government families and companys from around the kingdom will be attending, and as my guest I invite you all."

"Thank you, for your invitation." Leia comments before we exit.

☁︎ this was so difficult to write (even tho i managed to write 1k words i struggled) i hope the ending doesn't feel rushed