☁︎ 34

34 • tired •

"How are you feeling?" Ruby, my redheaded stylist ask as she gently combs back sections of hair.

"Tired."

"You're not nervous? Excited?" She questions.

"Not really, even though I recently woke up I want to go back to sleep."

She lets out a breathy laugh and she sprays my hair. "Well, you can get plenty of rest after. For now just keep being pretty." Ruby speaks as she swivels the chair around towards the mirror for the look reveal.

I look back at my reflection through the mirror, all dolled up again. I still haven't adjusted to the polished sight of myself.

Leia, Tiara and I met up again at the private boutique to change. The entire room was filled with lighhearted vibes, Leia was taking about the cute dark winged fae that has been escorting her and guarding her around the palace.

She's lucky I guess, I got a grumpy ole Berilo.

Speaking of cute guys, I haven't spoken to Eden since the blue meadow. I haven't spoken about what happened either. The moment crawls back into memory and I feel my cheeks warming up as Leia twirls in her dress in front of the mirror.

"So, has anything been going on with you and a particular male specimen?" Tiara turns to me.

"Who?"

"Don't play dumb Theo." Leia sits on a large seat and pays attention intensely. "I saw you flying with a handsome fae one late night, who could it have been?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I respond sarcasticly.

"Oh really?"

"What were you doing one late night, that you supposedly 'saw' me."

Leia stays silent and Tiara laughs obnoxiously loudly in mockery. "She got you their."

"Where did you guys go?" Leia ask.

"Flew about the town, and an enchanted forest. We went to the blue meadow."

"The blue meadow." Tiara wiggles her eyebrows and mumbles something under her breath.

"What!" I question and both of them break out in laughter.

"You guys are cute," Tiara pokes fun at me. When she acts like this, sister making fun of her little sister, is when I remember she's older than me.

"We kissed." I blurt out without thinking.

I just wanted to tell someone and be honest with my sister about my life again.

"What?" Both of them scream so loud I'm surprised the mirror didn't shatter.

"About time." Leia responds. "The tension was exhausting.

"Stop lying." Tiara walks towards me.

"I'm not."

She smacks my arm "Really?"

"Yeah..."

She squeals as she grabs my arms and shakes me. "Was that your first kiss?" Leia ask from behind us.

"No, she's overreacting but it was my first kiss with a fae."

"How was it?" Tiara finally calms down and looks me in the eye.

I told them everything, besides the part of Eden purposely dropping me from the clouds. It felt nice to have a girl talk, I've never had them often. We were dressed in big dresses while sitting on the dressing room floor talking about different types of things, this was another moment I wish to cherish forever.

Eventually we get interupted by a knocking at the door. "How long does it take to put on a gown?" I hear a elderly man from the other side.

"Berilo!" I cheer as I open the door.

"Are you three young lady's ready?" He asks with no emotion.

"Of course." Tiara comes towards the door with a small blue bag, matching her dress, around her arm.

"Well I suggest we get going, you've all already surpassed your time." He spins on his heel and walks down the hallway with his head held high.

"That's your escort?" Leia ask.

"Yes, not all of us have a young fae."

She chuckles as we follow Berilo down the hallway.

"Berilo, will you be attending the dinner as well?" I ask as I pick up my pace to walk besides him.

"I'll be there."

I begin to question him "Will there be food?"

"Of course."

"And music?"

"Live."

"And dancing?"

"Most likely."

"May I reserve a dance with you?" My question breaks his cool facade.

"I assume."

"I like your suit." I compliment him, knowing very well how bothering I'm acting towards him. I hear my sister and Leia giggle from beind us.

"Are you done Theodosia?"

"Depends, are we at the ballroom yet?"

"Yes." His response startles me. I wasn't paying attention to where we were going until I finally look forward to two large double doors with well dressed guards on either side.