☁︎ 7

· 7 · attacked ·

"What happened?" I asked my sister with wide eyes, scanning our destroyed home.

She didn't respond at first.

I began walking around the room, limping a little less, adjusting to the pain.

When I get to the center of the living room I place my hands on my thighs and shine a warm white light, trying to heal myself more.

"What happened?" I asked more sternly, looking at Tiara. Her pink lips parted and her blue eyes glued to the ceiling, unable to make contact.

I stop healing, my leg feeling a lot better than before. Now being able to stand up straight without support, I look up at the ceiling and see it covered in dark ash.

I scan the living room and notice every awful detail.

The couch and pillows ripped and burned. Ash and dust covering the ceiling and floors. Each window broken, cardboard taped on to cover the large holes. The glass coffee table in the center shattered. All appliances broken and the fire place bricks have fallen.

The living room looked awful, I didn't even want to see the rest of the first floor.

"They broke in."

I stare at her. "Who's they?"

"People. People Theodosia! From, I don't know where! Just people from town!"

"How..."

"You were unconscious in your room, it was the fifth day. I heard the smoke alarm go off, I ran downstairs and found a massive group of people trashing the place. Flames, invisibles, telekenetics, multipliers, lights, echos....

"I... I ran upstairs and carried to the basement from the back of the house and flooded the first floor. It was the only way I thought of to get them out! They finished what they came here for and left. I couldn't stop them and protect you at the same time." She grasped her scalp in distress.

I felt awful.

Because of me. My actions. I put my sister in danger. I spent years fighting at the arena, I thought I had control.

But this was my fault. I put myself out there. Well aware of my abilities, endangered my only family left and caused our home to be destroyed.

I put my hands around my neck and felt myself heat up. I look down and see my light skinned legs turning slight red. I was heating up. I took a deep breath to calm down.

I don't need another outburst.

"Fuck," I mumble under my breath. For the first time, I didn't know what to do.

"Your in danger Theodosia." Tiara says closing her eyes.

"What?"

"You stayed hidden since it happened, and strangers still found were you lived and did this!" She swings her arms, implying the house beyond repair.

"With me working at the cafe and you... I don't think you'll still be able to fight at the stadium, damn you made good money." She sighs and leans against the wall, covering her face with her hands.