☁︎︎ 13

13 • enchanting •

I couldn't sleep.

Not that I had sleep issues, but I simply always found it difficult to fully rest anywhere but my own home and bed.

That problem has to be fixed soon.

I kept turning to different positions on the couch. Continously falling in and out of a light slumber, not being able to truly go to sleep.

The sun was beginning to rise over the horizon line, setting a very slight glow through the forest. The sunlight peered through the thin window curtains of the cabin living room.

I sat up, thinking of what to do.

I was upset at myself. I had stayed here for over a day instead of leaving and finding Tiara. I couldn't stay here. I refused to stay here.

Right now would be the perfect chance.

Lunelle and Leia are both down the hall sleeping, the door is right there. I could easily leave, just as I initially planned.

I remove the blankets off of me, the morning air engulfs my body and I'm immedialty chilly. I put on the jacket and shoes they'd let me use last night.

I promise to either give it back or pay them.

I walk towards the door and look around the small cabin, taking one last sight of everything.

I felt as if I should tell them something, leave a note? Letting them know I'm leaving. If I tell them in person they'll stop me- like last time. Yet at the same I don't think they'll care.

Do it before you convince yourself not to.

Wearing a tight black long sleeved shirt and baggy faded jeans I carefully opened the wooden front door and stepped out, gently closing it behind me.

I take a look at my surroundings, trees everywhere. Seeing no clear path made me realise that I didn't have a fully thought-out plan.

So I just walk.

The smell of pine and lavender fills my senses as I walk with no specific destination or directions.

I try to remember where I was before, before Lunelle found me. The path I took while running away from those people. Maybe I could retrace Tiaras steps.

I should use my powers, do something. I feel useless, weak and powerless. Aimlessly walking through the woods with no purpose.

Part of me was scared. I'd become so terrified with myself. I was scared that the minute I used an element someone would shoot an arrow or bullet through my body.

I used to feel special at the fact that I had so many abilities, even if I couldn't show it off. I'd always practice in my room. Every element and power I learned to manifest at the same time felt like an accomplishment.

I remember fourteen year old Theodosia. Before Athena was created

Watching the many small yellow lights I created float around my room like a golden galaxy. Electricity flowed through my forearms as I used air manipulation and floated in the air above my bed at the same time.

It felt amazing.

"Mom!" I shouted. "Come look!" I didn't hear my mother "Mom!!" I continued calling for her. "Come here!"

I finally heard her walk towards my room and the creak of my wooden door opening.

She entered my room and became mesmerized. Enchanting. Watching the floating lights sworm around her. She smiles wide at me.

I lift her up in the air, "You're getting better." She brushes her dark brown hair away from her face as we circle around each other and laugh in the air.

She lays back and relaxes. "This is beautiful Theo," •

That beauty, was gone. I feel different. I not longer feel accomplished. I no longer felt special. Didn't feel eager to practice my skill anymore. I didn't even feel the urge to use any power at all anymore.

It's crazy how other people's opinions and actions can change your own.

Stuck in thought I hadn't payed attention to where my feet had taken me, but it was beautiful.

An enchanting scenery falls before my eyes. Green crying trees with cherry blossoms surround me. Fireflies fly through the air. My eyes connect with a royal blue, bioluminescent butterfly that passes me.

I walk through, using my hands to carefully pull away the vines of the wheeping trees, only gentle white noises are heard.

This place is peaceful. Elegant and calming. For a very brief moment, I don't think about everything or anything.

The moment is cut short when I hear and feel a powerful wind behind me.... but it doesn't feel like nature's wind.

I see a figure behind, turning slightly to see nothing.

I swore someone was there.

I turn back around and come to contact with a hard chest, when I look up I make eye contact with those gray eyes, and large wings.

I break contact and raise my hands. Instead of looking directly into his captivating eyes, I look straight ahead into his chest that's clothed in a black shirt and slick jacket.

It's not until I take a few steps back and fully look at him do I notice the golden bow and arrow he's holding,

And pointing at me.

☁︎ the italics were a flashback to 14 y/o theodosia practicing her powers- in case u didn't understand.

also in the middle of editing i realized how trash this story is :(