☁︎ 45

45 • king jordyn elysian •

A darkskinned man stands tall and proud behind the queen. Leia and Lunelle come towards us as Queen Bruna turns around and faces the man she's back-stabbed years ago.

The king.

Her brother.

I never thought I'd go through so much family drama- especially since I never knew my biological family until a few days ago.

She smiles, letting out a humorless chuckle. "Brother."

"Bruna." He doesn't so much as even call her sister.

"It's been quite some time, hasn't it?" She taunts.

"Too long."

With a sarcstic smile she replys "Truly."

The man looks up at me- the same one in distress from the market- his facial expression softens as he meets my eyes and fully acknowledges me. "Theodosia?"

I couldn't bring myself to say it, Dad, although biologically he is my father: he was never in my life. Not in the slightest and I don't blame him for that, but I'm not comfortable calling this man my father when he was never a father figure.

And with the look on his face, I think he understands that.

His sister giggles, "Aw, the family's back together."

"You are not family." He steps up to her.

"What do you mean, brother?"

His face twist to anger "Don't call me that. You're not family."

"Oh please-" she scoffs.

Suddenly, he throws a green bolt of energy directly towards her body, but with those gloves, she possesses the abilities to manipulate our power- and use it against us.

It's been my problem since the beginning, my own power against me.

My entire life I've tried to control my powers, I thought I knew how.

I didn't.

When Eden used my powers against me, I completly broke apart.

I won't let that happen again.

I told myself I wanted to use my powers to help the people of the kingdom, yet I don't know how to do that.

I think back on all the times I worked to control my powers, and let that guide me.

I should've had more of a reaction towards the king in our presence, but all my sympathetic emotions are pushed aside as Bruna uses the bolt of energy from King Jordyn and throws it directly at my chest.

Caught off guard, I successfully keep the every out but the bolt still pushes me far back. I feel warm air brush against my body as I get thrown through the air.

I use my air manipulation to stop myself in the middle of the air from hitting anything.

I float back down onto the pebble ground of the castle and catch the king on his knees on the ground.

The queen sends her guards once again, charging at Eden, Tiara, Leia, Lunelle and I. Instead of letting them fight, I send a massive energy wave, causing them all to fly off the property.

Bruna turns around in shock. All the guards, her entire protection gone with just one wipe.

King Jordyn slowly stands up behind her and rapidly throws a green bolt at her back. At the same moment, using telekinesis, I pull the gloves off her hands.

She collapses facing front onto the ground in agony, then looks up at me with her eyes swirling in a milky white color, "You'll-"

I feel my energy begin to drain as she enters my mind, begin to control me. "Don't try it." I come back to reality and stare her dead in the eye.

The king kneels down besides her and lowers his head down to her face, "Your time of reign has long ended."

I see the guards running back in the distance, I built a tall wall to temporarily stop them from entering.

"You can't do that." She groans, the stones on the ground pressing the skin against her face as we all watch.

King Jordyn lowers himself closer to her. "Watch me." His left hand glowing a bright green light until he pauses- "I can't kill her." He mumbles while dropping his head down as we all stare at him, waiting for his next movement.

"She would've killed me without a second thought...but I can't." The green ball of energy he created fades away, the energy disappearing back into his arm as his veins glow green, then morph back to normal.

"Let them in." He looks at me, indicating to break down the wall.

I make the wall fade away, and the guards come running back. They see the previous king standing above the queen, and the kneel down before him.

"No!" She screeches out, watching the people already turning back to King Jordyn.

He steps away and allows me to pick her up from afar, "Take her." The king instructs the guards.

I use my mind control against her, placing my hand on her head, "Sleep." I tell her, her eyes slowly close and her taller figure slumps down as she falls unconscious.

They grab her by the arms and take her away. I look around at the mess I've created.

Some of the perfectly trimmed bushes pulled out from the ground, brown dirt covering the green grass. Large holes and craters in the ground, tuining the once well kept front garden.

Stones and pebbles moved out of place.
The fountain Tiara was thrown into was chipped and destoryed, all the water drowning the plants in that area.

Looking back to the castle I see the right side pillars fallen off and broken into large peices on the ground, the outside dinning room completely damaged from the beginning of the fight.

I turn to everyone else who are recollecting themselves. All covered in dirt and sweat, and Tiara- with blood smudged on her clothes. I look down at myself, my once white dress ripped and stained.

Before any of us could say anything, the king walts towards me and wraps his arms around me into an embrace. I hear him sniffle a few tears as he places his calloused hand on my frizzy hair and mumbles over my head.

"My daughter."

☁︎ yall omg this took forever, climax's and endings are really hard to write for me, but i did it ( during web design class ;) )

also i really wanna finish this story before 2020 so I pushed myself to write this