3

IF THERE WAS ONE THING THAT ARIANA felt strongly eager about was the opportunity to dive straight into new educational experiences, and the fact that these classes were magical was only an advantage

After a very difficult route to her classes, avoiding peeves the poltergeist's degrading yet equally hilariously honorable tricks - at all possible cost, the young girl sat next to Hermione who she bonded exceptionally with over their supreme intelligence they shared which Hermione seemed to admire in the girl.

Aria sat in transfiguration, after an interesting class of charms where Professor Flitwick almost fainted from excitement over seeing Harry's name in the roll call. Shortly after the clock in Aria's mind struck signaling class had begun, Professor McGonagall stood in front of the class giving them a strict lecture to begin.

Aria could already tell she was going to admire the woman as she was strict yet clever. Not to mention that along with magical creatures, and charms, she found transformation extremely interesting.

Her leg bounced up in down as she hung onto McGonagall's ever word. "Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts, anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned."

Then with a quick talent show as she changed her desk into a pig and then back again leaving the students in awe.

After a few minutes and many dwelling notes later, they were each given a match and started attempting to turn it into a needle.

Aria worked exceptionally hard and scribbled notes down on her parchment paper as she attempted to succeed in the transformation.

By the end of the lesson, only Hermione and Aria had made any difference to their needle and they proudly exchanged grins with each other and as Aria looked away back at her notes she smiled knowing she had already made a friend who was swarmed with brilliance within her. And she couldn't be happier.
~~
The hours flew by quickly until potions class, just the thought of it made her exceptionally nervous. She knew the connection the Malfoy's had with the professor, Snape. which only made her stomach curl in nerves. Putting together the pieces of the puzzle, Aria realized that because of that connection he would know of her families status and since she was in Gryffindor -- Slytherin's rising enemy; he was bound to despise her.

So when she sat next to Harry in potions she kept her head down and jotted down reminders for studying later until Snape began the lesson with roll call.

when he landed on Aria's name, one of the very first on the list, he paused for a split second looking at her directly not saying a word, his facial expression describing his thoughts perfectly, before continuing down the list causing her to shrink in her seat. Harry who had seen the interaction, among other students in the classroom, looked over at the girl with his eyebrows furrowed confused.

It wasn't until Snape paused at his own name when Harry retracted his glance.
"Ah, yes," Snape paused "Harry Potter. Our new -- celebrity."

Draco and his friends, sniggered behind their hands as Snape continued to call their names and then looked up at the class.
"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making," Snape began causing the class to grow silent, "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses. . . . I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death — if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."