- 10

ARIANA ANDERSON SPENT THE BREAK FROM HOGWARTS WITH HER MOTHER, soaking up the last bits of her affections before being shipped back off to Hogwarts

ARIANA ANDERSON SPENT THE BREAK FROM HOGWARTS WITH HER MOTHER, soaking up the last bits of her affections before being shipped back off to Hogwarts. Getting her yearly letter only confirmed her return to the magical school, so when Lucius announced their trip to Diagon Alley it did not come as a surprise and only made the short girl excited to see her friends again even though she knew that the Malfoy's did not approve of her house or the friends she chose, since they made that very clear when Draco was quick to inform them when they got back to the manor. So being dragged through a sketchy store called Borgin Burkes by Draco and Lucius was a peculiar experience.

"Touch nothing." Lucius told the duo as Draco reached for a glass eye.
"I thought you were going to buy me a present." Draco reminded.
"I said I would buy you a racing broom," Lucius corrected
"What's the good of that if I'm not on the House team?" Draco sulked causing Aria to roll her eyes as she ran her finger over the table she walked by.
"Aria and Harry Potter got a Nimbus Two Thousand last year. Special permission from Dumbledore so they could play for Gryffindor." Draco scoffed looking at Aria who shot him a glare.
"You're just jealous that he's good enough to be the youngest seeker in the century."

"Shut up," Draco scoffed.
"Piss off," Aria remarked dully.
"Knock it off both of you." Lucius hissed causing the duo to roll their eyes together and turn their back on each other as Draco bent down to examine a shelf full of skulls.
"Everyone thinks he's so smart, wonderful Potter, with his scar and his broomstick --" Draco continued in a mocking tone.
"You have told me this at least a dozen times already," Lucius retaliated causing Aria to snort under her breath "And I would remind you that it is not — prudent — to appear less than fond of Harry Potter, not when most of our kind regard him as the hero who made the Dark Lord disappear— ah, Mr. Borgin."

a man with greasy hair appeared behind the counter.
"Mr. Malfoy, what a pleasure to see you again," Mr. Borgin greeted not bothering to notice the girls appearance partially because he didn't know who she was and continued on the the youngest Malfoy, "Delighted — and young Master Malfoy, too — charmed. How may I be of assistance? I must show you, just in today, and very reasonably priced —"
"I'm not buying today, Mr. Borgin, but selling" Lucius informed the man.

"Selling?" the man asked a hint of confusion laced in his voice as the smile faded from his face.
"You have heard, of course, that the Ministry is conducting more raids," Lucius informed taking a roll of parchment from his inside pocket and unraveling it. "I have a few — ah — items at home that might embarrass me, if the Ministry were to call."
"The Ministry wouldn't presume to trouble you, sir, surely?"
"I have not been visited yet. The name Malfoy still commands a certain respect, yet the Ministry grows ever more meddlesome.There are rumors about a new Muggle Protection Act — no doubt that flea-bitten, Muggle-loving fool Arthur Weasley --"

"A man as respectable as Arthur Weasley should not be labeled as just a 'muggle-loving fool,'" Aria interrupted not sparing the warning glance from Draco who was nearby and the glares from Lucius as him and Mr. Borgin looked over.
"He is a generous man who has raised admirable kids who just happen to be my -- closest friends," she challenged daringly while Lucius excused himself from Borgin and walked up to the girl grabbing her by the arm and pulling her outside to the unsettling alley.
"You will stay here and not speak a peep towards anyone no matter who it is do you understand me? I'll deal with you later." he hissed before turning on his heels to enter the store the girl rolled her eyes and leaned her back up against the brick wall impatiently.