29

AS THE GROUP WALKED RATHER SLOWLY towards the castle, silence fallen upon them a cloud shifted causing a small breeze to hit Aria's arms causing goosebumps to spread across them as in replacement of the clouds hovered the moon, a full moon

Rapidly Snape collided with Lupin, Pettigrew and Ron stopped abruptly. Sirius froze causing Harry, Hermione and Aria to stop once he flung an arm out in front of them in protest. Lupin had gone rigid. He was turning - Aria swallowed nervously as his limbs began to shake.
"Oh my --" Hermione gasped in realization "He didn't take his Potion tonight! He's not safe!"
"Run." Sirius whispered "Run! Now!"

But Aria glanced panicked towards Harry who was frozen to the ground alongside of her. They looked at each other and like they were having a conversation with their minds they came to a conclusion, a terrifying one. Ron was still chained to Pettigrew and Lupin.

Harry made the first move, leaping forwards but Sirius caught him around the chest and threw him back.
"Leave it to me -- RUN!" Sirius snapped as a terrible snarling noise erupted causing Aria's glance to move back towards Lupin, hair was sprouting and claws were growing. As the werewolf reared, snapping its jaws Sirius transformed himself into an enormous bear like dog and bounded forwards - the werewolf wrenched itself free of the manacle binding and the dog seized it and pulled it backwards away from Ron and Pettigrew.

Aria watched the scene play out, as Hermione pulled on the girls arm, begging her to come with her and away from the fighting animals but Aria felt herself becoming overpowered with protectiveness. Over her father and so when he darted off into the darkness with the werewolf on his heels, them snarling and yelping in pain - Aria ran after.

Hermione and Harry dashed over to Ron, not realizing their absent friend. Ron's eyes were only half closed from falling after Pettigrew escaped in rat form.
"What did he do to him?" Hermione whispered looking at the boy who laid on the ground, he was still alive but he didn't didn't seem to recognize the two standing above him.
"I don't know." Harry answered desperately looking around, Sirius and Lupin were both gone and then came to realization, so was Aria.
"Aria." Harry whispered before taking off into the darkness without hesitation, hearing a whimper of pain come from a dog in the distance only caused him to force himself to pick up the pace - leaving Hermione to chase after him on his heels.

Aria had rushed off long before the trio even recognized she was gone. The moment Sirius took off after the retreating werewolf she felt a sort of tingle like she needed to protect him and so that's what she did.

Reaching the dark woods near the lake a sudden rush of cold rushed over Aria as she glanced around spotting Sirius and Lupin fighting head on in their Animagus form causing her to pick up her speed and head over pushing herself in between them hands up as she began to think back on the practices her, Hermione and Dumbledore went through and the ancient magic she studied. All of it and she came down to two that stuck to her, that helped with Lycanthropy.