prologue

ELEVEN YEARS AGO ON APRIL 8th, a young striking girl was born into the world by the gracious beautiful mother, Lorelai Anderson

Ariana and her mother lived under the noses of the malfoy's as they scrubbed away endlessly for scraps of their fortune. Yet, as the brightest day of the year approached all of the anderson girls hard work finally paid off.

"this is it." Lorelai breathed out as she moved her fingers nervously through her daughters soft brunette hair while they glanced nervously at the envelope in Aria's hands.
"What if i'm not accepted?" Aria worriedly panicked "is that even possible?"
"Even if it is, you are going to hogwarts. i'm certain of  it." Lorelai states determinedly "now go on, open it before Lucius realizes his mail is scattered across the staircase."

Aria raised an eyebrow at her mother's words before shaking her head in dismissal and tearing apart the envelope frantically, she just knew aunt narcissa would be very disappointed in her actions since they were not 'lady-like' but the girl was too enthusiastic to care. A small squeal escaped the eleven year olds lips as she jumped up in a flash her bare feet hitting the cold floor.
"wha- what does it say?!" Lorelai piped up in a frantic way. "did you get in?"
"No," Aria stated dully sarcasm rolling off her tongue "i'm jumping around for joy because i got denied."

Her mother sent her a look causing Aria to raise her hands in defense. the relationship between the duo was bright and friendly. Lorelai was Aria's best friend through thick and thin, they did everything for each other and told each other everything. Though it was mostly Lorelai doing the talking considering Aria's life wasn't extremely interesting at her young age yet she was as mature as a young adult and could speak fluently in a mannered way under the impression of adults and authority. However, the tone of sarcasm never failed to slip the girls lips every once in a while like a truth serum.

Lorelai snatched the letter from the girls hands giving her daughter a playful glare before retreating her eyes to the paper in her hands.

" HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Anderson,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

"I knew it! i knew you could in."
"Oh god," Aria panicked slightly as her mother pulled her into a quick hug "what if i mess this up?"
"Hey! you are your mother's daughter," Lorelai assured the girl in front of you squeezing her daughters shoulders in comfort "You got my insane obsession with coffee and my personality which i love but you will not get my ability to fall in love with a wazzock of a man like your father and lose focus and get pregnant and —."
"you were only a really good roll there for a second mum, good effort." Aria piped up cutting the rambling woman off.

"Lorelai!" Lucius exclaimed from downstairs, "Lorelai come down here this instant!"
"uh oh, someone found the new drop off mail box, be back." Lorelai told her daughter kissing her on the forehead handing the letter back to her and dashing off downstairs, Aria sighed trailing over to her bed and plopping down staring at the letter. The smile still spread completely across her face as she chewed on the inside of her cheek, her eyes sparkling with a sense of joy and excitement for this upcoming new adventure, not knowing what would soon dare cross paths with the girl when she meets the chosen one as she searches for an empty compartment on the magical train to her new future.

[edited: yes! (09/14/20)]