- 30

"WHY ISN'T DINNER DONE ANTOINETTE?" Lucius huffed as he walked into the kitchen head held high as he placed one foot in front of another pushing the door open and letting it fall shut behind him

"WHY ISN'T DINNER DONE ANTOINETTE?" Lucius huffed as he walked into the kitchen head held high as he placed one foot in front of another pushing the door open and letting it fall shut behind him. "Ariana, I sent you in here for one reason only and that was to make sure that dinner was made and the kitchen cleaned before five. What is the point of having you around if you can't even handle one thing right?"

Storming out of the kitchen calling down his wife and son, Lucius left a rapid wave of wind trailing behind him causing Antoinette - a medium height, black curly haired girl that was hired by the Malfoy's in replace of Lorelai - to roll her eyes.

"Tête de noeud," (knot head or dick head) the younger woman muttered under her breath as the man was leaving the room causing the girl to chuckle which quickly turned to a rapid inhale of breath that she almost choked on when she heard the man's voice again.
"Tu sais que je peux te comprendre correct?" (Do you know I can understand you correct?)

Lucius voice rang through her head as she glanced at the woman who was cutting food next to her as she did the dishes. Seeing Antoinette nervously sweat caused Aria to let out a light chuckle as she dropped the now clean plate into its slot in the drier rack.
"Et vous vous rendez compte que vous parlez français comme une vache espagnole, n'est-ce pas?" (And you realize you speak French like a Spanish cow, don't you?)

As the words slipped from her mouth she saw Lucius face twitch if it was confusion or anger she couldn't tell but at that moment, a hand on her hip staring the man down like he wasn't three times her size. She came to a realization, those crazy adventures, brave friends and inspiring lessons at Hogwarts had brought the - once dormented - brave side out of Aria and she couldn't conclude if she could ever go back to being the sweet girl she was before and honestly, she didn't even care so when Lucius stormed out of the kitchen officially she smirked satisfied as she turned around to continue to help Antoniette finish dinner.

"You're welcome." Aria breathed out lightly shifting her weight on her feet causing Antoniette to let out a warming laugh causing Aria to express a tiny but noticeable smile.
~~
Silence loomed over the four as they sat at the dinning room table all that could be heard were the chimes of the ancient clocks within the walls of the Malfoy's mansion which blended in with the scrapes of silverware against the plates which were full of food. Aria could feel Draco's eyes locked on her but ignored it none the less with a wheezy feeling in his stomach as she poked at her food.
"So, Draco. How were you studies last year? You didn't get into much trouble did you?" Narcissa spoke in a calm voice attempting to start a normal conversation within the group despite the tension that has been settling for years.

"I think I am the wrong person to be asking that question to, mother." Draco replied directing the conversation to the brunette "What have you been up to this past year, Anderson?"

Aria brought her eyes up to the platinum blonde haired boy who held a subtle smirk on his face causing Aria to squint irritated.
"You know damn well what has happened this past year Malfoy, why are you always trying to start shite." Aria spat venom in her voice.
"Watch your language girl." Lucius retorted causing Aria to suck in a breath tightening her lips together in a sealed way.
"We have been informed of all the predicament's that Aria has caused with those blood traitor Weasley's and that mudblood granger." Lucius seethed through his teeth as Aria's grasp tightened on her silverwear she was holding in her hand.
"Don't forget the Harry Potter." Draco emphasized sarcastically on the 'the.' Which Aria squinted at and Lucius's jaw tightened at the mention of the name.
"How many times --" Lucius began but was cut off by Narcissa who spoke in a hesitant voice, "Lucius. Please, can't we have one dinner without this repetitive dispute?"