26

EXAMS WERE NEVER ARIA'S STRONG SUIT, there was no denying that the girl was extremely intelligent

EXAMS WERE NEVER ARIA'S STRONG SUIT, there was no denying that the girl was extremely intelligent. But the nerves of sitting down and taking a test, filling out each question with memorization from past studying still brought anxious thoughts to her mind. And when the girl was nervous... she'd stress eat.

So when she sat with her friends, while her and Hermione studied. The girl dug into her sweet stash that she kept in her dorms from Honeydukes eating some of the chocolate she managed to snatch their last Hogsmeade trip they attended. Reading through her potions book, the girl broke off a piece and popped it into her mouth. Without realizing it, Ron - who was sitting across from the girl - reached over and took some himself without disturbing the girl and ate it. Yet as he did that, he managed to catch a glimpse of Hermione's exam schedule she had drawn up for herself.

Monday
9 o'clock, Arithmancy
9 o'clock, Transfiguration
Lunch
1 o'clock, Charms
1 o'clock, Ancient Runes

"Hermione?" Ron questioned confused yet cautiously, "Er- are you sure you've copied down these times right?"
Aria nudged her friend awkwardly, not knowing if she should speak up about the matter causing Hermione to snap, "what?" before picking up the exam schedule and looking at it. "Yes of course I have."

"Is there any point asking how you're going to sit for two exams at once?" Harry questioned
"No." Hermione simply responded "Has anyone seen my copy of Numerology and Gramatica?"

"Oh yeah, I borrowed it for a bit of bedtime reading." Ron answered quietly. Hermione started shifting through parchment around her table to which Aria picked her book up to give the girl room to move and rested it against her lap. A sound of flapping wings was heard as Hedwig fluttered through the window, a note clutched to her beak.
"It's from Hagrid, Buckbeak's appeal -- it's set for the sixth." Harry acknowledged reading the note this caused Aria to look up as Hermione spoke, "That's the day we finish our exams."

"And they're coming up here to do it. Someone from the Ministry of Magic and -- and an executioner." Harry's eyes met Aria's once he said executioner, and Hermione's head snapped up startled.
Aria felt her heart break as she swallowed, "That sounds like they've already decided."

"Yeah, it does." Harry stated softly
"They can't! I've spent ages reading up on stuff for him; they can't just ignore it all!" Ron exclaimed.

But Aria knew that's exactly what they would do, if Lucius Malfoy was the one who filed the complaint its a hundred percent chance that they had already made up their mind about it.

So when exam week began and the third years emerged from Transfiguration at lunchtime on Monday after there test, the tortoise that the girl had turned from a teapot was the last thing on Aria's mind but quite obviously the first on Hermione's as she ranted about the little differences in result of the transformation. Then, after a quick lunch which Aria used to study for her next test, Charms. Where they were indeed tested on Cheering Charms like Hermione had declared before.