18

HERMIONE AND RON WEREN'T SPEAKING TO EACH OTHER which Aria thought was utterly ridiculous -- she even told Hermione that Ron was just being mindless and let it slip, that he didn't actually mean it

HERMIONE AND RON WEREN'T SPEAKING TO EACH OTHER which Aria thought was utterly ridiculous -- she even told Hermione that Ron was just being mindless and let it slip, that he didn't actually mean it. Yet the girl didn't care to believe the brunette and proceed to persuade this act of silence. 

However as silence filled the group while they walked down the lawn to Hagrid's hut together, they soon spotted Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. Meaning that this lesson of Hagrid's new class was with the Slytherins. Just what they needed.

Hagrid waited for his class at the door of his hut in a moleskin overcoat with Fang by his heels, impatiently.
"C'mon, now, get a move on!" Hagrid called out as the class approached
"Got a real treat for yeh today! Great lesson comin' up! Everyone here? Right, follow me!"

Hagrid then strolled off around the edge of the tress and in minutes they found themselves outside a kind of paddock.
"Everyone gather 'round the fence here!" Hagrid urged "That's it —make sure yeh can see — now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books--"
"How?" Draco sneered in a cold voice
"Eh?" Hagrid asked confused
"How do we open our books?" Draco repeated taking out his own copy causing Aria to pull out her own and as the book tried to bite she ripped off the Spellotape and ran her finger down its spine causing it to fall open.
"Well you stroke it of course," Aria chimed in presenting her book in almost a taunting way towards Draco who scoffed.
"That doesn't even make sense --" Draco muttered as students copied what Aria had done and their books popped open to which Hagrid gleamed at.
"It would if you were smarter," Aria remarked calmly to which Draco squinted his eyebrows at the girl and went to argue when Hagrid began again.

"Righ' then, so — so yeh've got yer books an' — an' — now yeh need the Magical Creatures. Yeah. So I'll go an' get 'em. Hang on."
Hagrid walked away from them and into the forest out of sight.
"God, this place is going to the dogs," Draco stated loudly "That oaf teaching classes, my father'll have a fit when I tell him ---"
"Shut up, Malfoy." Harry snapped briskly
"Careful, Potter, there's a dementor behind you"
Harry spun around only to see nothing and when he went to look at Draco, him and his slytherin classmates had their robes pulled over their heads and were making mocking noises to which they laughed at Harry's facial expression.

"Oooooh!" Lavender squealed out suddenly pointing toward the opposite side of the paddock to which Aria turned to see a dozen of bizarre creatures trotting toward them.
"Gee up, there!" Hagrid roared shaking the chains that tied the creatures together in an orderly fashion, moving them toward the fence where the class stood.
"Hippogriffs!" Hagrid exclaimed happily
"Beau'iful, aren' they?" he questioned
"Extremely," Aria replied her eyes sparkling in delight at the unique creatures in front of her to which Hagrid grinned at.

"So," he confirmed rubbing his hands together "if yeh wan' ter come a bit nearer---"

Hermione, Aria, Harry and Ron approached the fence cautiously to which Hagrid continued, "Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know abou' hippogriffs is, they're proud. Easily offended, hippogriffs are. Don't never insult one, 'cause it might be the last thing yeh do. Yeh always wait fer the hippogriff ter make the firs' move, It's polite, see? Yeh walk toward him, and yeh bow, an' yeh wait. If he bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. If he doesn' bow, then get away from him sharpish, 'cause those talons hurt. Right -- who wants ter go first?"