12

"WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO celebrate the day they died?" Ron questioned as he finished off his Potions homework

"WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO celebrate the day they died?" Ron questioned as he finished off his Potions homework. "Sounds dead depressing to me..."

Rain hit the windows as the firelight glowed causing the room to light up, displaying all of the people that sat in the common room.
Aria, Harry, Ron and Hermione were discussing what Harry had found out after detention about filch and the Kwikspell as well as his promise to Nick that he would go to his deathday party.

Aria tilted her head at the ginger boy her short under grown nails tapping against the seat cushion of the couch she was sitting on before humming out, "have much experience with that Ron? I think it's a distinguished way to look at a bad experience. After all, dying is just a wild night and a new road."
~~
At seven o'clock, the quartet held their promise and walked straight past the doorway to the Great Hall and down the passageway leading to Nearly Headless Nick's party. The girl, of course, had her robes wrapped around her body to block out the cold of the castle which Aria was thankful for considering it seemed that every step the quartet took the temperature dropped.

A shiver went down the girls spine as what sounded like thousand of fingernails scraping against a blackboard hit her ears she scrunched up her nose in slight confusion.
"Is that supposed to be music?" Ron whispered quietly as they turned a corner and saw Nick standing at the doorway with black velvet drapes.
"My dear friends," he greeted "welcome, welcome... so pleased you could come."

The ghost swept off his hat and bowed them inside and so they entered. The dungeon was filled with hundreds of translucent people drifting around the dance floor, waltzing almost dreadfully. It was like stepping into a freezer -- you could see their breath rise in a mist before them as they breath.

"Shall we have a look around?" Harry suggested which Aria nodded to in agreement.
"Careful not to walk through anyone," Ron stated nervously as they set off around the edge of the dance floor.

As they walked around observing the people who decided to make their appearance Hermione's hand was quick to grab Aria's arm in protest causing the girl to come to a pit stop.

"What?" Aria asked confused
"It's Moaning Myrtle," Hermione stressed to which Aria's eyes widened shortly.
"Who?" Harry asked as they backtracked quickly.
"She haunts one of the toilets in the girls' bathroom on the first floor," Aria explained to the boys quickly.

"She haunts a toilet?"
"Yes. It's been out-of-order all year because she keeps having tantrums and flooding the place. I never went in there anyway if I could avoid it; it's awful trying to have a pee with her wailing at you —" Hermione continued but was cut off by Ron's sudden voice.
"Look, food!"

Aria rolled her eyes at the boy's excitement and they approached the table. A disgusting whiff hit their noses as Aria's eyes observed the food in front of her.

Large, rotten fish were laid on handsome silver platters; cakes,burned charcoal-black, were heaped on salvers; there was a great maggoty haggis, a slab of cheese covered in furry green mold and,in pride of place, an enormous gray cake in the shape of a tombstone, with tar-like icing forming the words,
Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington
died 31st October, 1492