24

"YOU'RE LATE, BOYS!" Professor Flitwick commented as Harry opened the classroom door

"Yeah, because it's not like i'm here or anything." Aria muttered under her breath as she walked through the entrance.
"Come along, quickly, wands out, we're experimenting with Cheering Charms today, we've already divided into pairs —"
"Where's Hermione gone?" Ron suddenly spoke up as they hurried to a desk in the back as Flitwick told Aria that she had to go with them since there was an odd amount of students and happily she obliged. Harry seemed to look around too, "That's weird. Maybe -- Maybe she went to the bathroom or something?"

They seemed to glance at Aria who was pulling out her books from her cauldron and looked up when she felt eyes on her.
"What?" Aria questioned skeptically placing the book on the table in front of her.
"We'll you're her best friend --" Ron began but was cut off by a scoff from the girl.
"So I automatically should know her bathroom schedule? You guys are ridiculous."

Aria shook her head going to read her book as the boys exchanged confused looks but all Aria could think about was that she knew exactly where Hermione was and it was killing her not to tell the guys but she knew how important this secret was to be kept and she made a promise so she had to keep it.

Seconds after the lesson ended and as they were heading to lunch, Aria managed to slip away and quickly rush to the Gryffindor tower where she figured the girl would be at and as she climbed through the portrait hole into the common room her eyes landed on Hermione sitting at a table, fast asleep her head resting on an open Arithmancy book causing Aria to let out a sigh as she walked over to her friend and sat down besides her and prodded the girl awake.

"Wh-- what's going on?" Hermione asked waking up blinking rapidly. "Is it time to go -- which lesson have we got now?"
"Hermione," Aria sighed "You missed charms,"

Hermione's face fell into a panicked expression, "what? that can't be! I --"
the portrait had opened mid sentence as Hermione pushed her hair frantically out of her face to see the boy's climbing into the common room causing Aria to clear her throat and sit up straight.
"Hermione!" Harry exclaimed "where have you been? Why didn't you come to Charms?"
"I forgot -- I --" Hermione stuttered out hesitantly as they walked over and sat next to the girls.

"But how could you forget? You were with us till we were right outside the classroom!"
"I don't believe it!" Hermione wailed "Was professor Flitwick angry? Oh, it was Malfoy, I was thinking about him and I lost track of things"
"You know what, Hermione?" Ron began looking down at the Arithmancy book "I reckon you're cracking up. You're trying to do too much."
"No, i'm not!" Hermione exclaimed defensively looking for her bag. "I just made a mistake, that's all! I'd better go and see Professor Flitwick and say sorry. . . .I'll see you in Divination!"
"I'm coming with!" Aria exclaimed standing up and grabbing the girls bag she forgot after rushing to the portrait, Aria had taken one glance at Harry's confused face and decided to go with the girl not wanting to be interrogated on how she knew where Hermione was and why she slipped away and all those questions.