28

THE MAN THAT STOOD BEFORE THE GROUP was a very short man who had a mess of unkempt colorless hair that laid on top of his head

THE MAN THAT STOOD BEFORE THE GROUP was a very short man who had a mess of unkempt colorless hair that laid on top of his head. He was a plump man who had grubby looking skin, his finger nails were as unkempt as his hair and as pointed as his sharp nose that rested underneath his very small watery eyes. His breathing was fast and shallow and his appearance seemed to be nerve wracking as his eyes darted around the room to the door and back again. Aria felt sick to her stomach, the rat - or what she thought was a rat - that caused so many troubles between her and her friends, that had been a part of her best friend's life for the longest time was actually an adult man. Glancing over towards Hermione Aria could tell the teenage girl felt the same way.

"Well, hello, Peter." Lupin greeted "Long time, no see."
"S-Sirius, R-remus.." Pettigrew's voice came out squeaky almost like a rat which was quite ironic in a situation like this. "My friends.... my old friends..."

Sirius raised his arm ready to attack like he had been prepared to do all evening yet like normal was stopped by Lupin in the process.
"We've been having a little chat, Peter, about what happened the night Lily andJames died. You might have missed the finer points while you were squeaking around down there on the bed." Lupin elaborated keeping his voice light and casual.
"Remus, you don't believe him, do you ... He tried to kill me, Remus..." Pettigrew whimpered out
"So we've heard. 'I'd like to clear up one or two little matters with you, Peter, if you'd be so--" Lupin stated more coldly then before but was cut off by Pettigrews high pitched voice shrieking out of his mouth quite obnoxiously. "He's come to try and kill me again! He killed Lily and James and now he's going to kill me, too ... you've got to help me, Remus ..."

"No one's going to try and kill you until we've sorted a few things out," Lupin explained
"Sorted things out?" Pettigrew squealed "I knew he'd come after me! I knew he'd be back for me! I've been waiting for this for twelve years!"
"You knew Sirius was going to break out of Azkaban? When nobody has ever done it before?" Lupin questioned with his eyebrows furrowed skeptically.
"He's got Dark powers the rest of us can only dream of! How else did he get out of there? I suppose He Who Must Not Be Named taught him a few tricks!"

Sirius laughed at this remark, "Voldemort, teach me tricks?"
This name caused Pettigrew to flinch hard causing Sirius to raise an eyebrow and continue to pester the short man, "What, scared to hear your old master's name? I don't blame you,Peter. His lot aren't very happy with you, are they?"
"Don't know – what you mean, Sirius –" Pettigrew muttered out his face sweating and his breathing faster than ever.
"You haven't been hiding from me for twelve years, you've been hiding from Voldemort's old supporters. I heard things in Azkaban, Peter ... they all think you're dead, or you'd have to answer to them ... I've heard them screaming all sorts of things in their sleep. Sounds like they think the double crosser double-crossed them. Voldemort went to the Potters' on your information ... and Voldemort met his downfall there. And not all Voldemort's supporters ended up in Azkaban, did they? There are still plenty out here, biding their time, pretending they've seen the error of their ways ... If they ever got wind that you were still alive, Peter –" Sirius elaborated putting things together in explanation
"Don't know... what you're talking about.." Pettigrew repeated himself once again "You don't believe this – this madness, Remus--"
"I must admit, Peter, I have difficulty in understanding why an innocent man would want to spend twelve years as a rat," Lupin pointed out knowingly.
"Innocent, but scared!" Pettigrew corrected "If Voldemort's supporters were after me, it was because I put one of their best men in Azkaban – the spy, Sirius Black!"