19

CLIMBING THROUGH THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM one evening after training, Aria - who's teeth were chattering so briskly despite the extra layers and almost as stiff as a board - found the common room buzzing with excitement leading her to confusion ...

CLIMBING THROUGH THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM one evening after training, Aria - who's teeth were chattering so briskly despite the extra layers and almost as stiff as a board - found the common room buzzing with excitement leading her to confusion as she exchanged a quick confused look with Harry before they approached Ron and Hermione who were sitting in the two best chairs by the fireside completing some charts for Astronomy.
"What's happened?" Harry questioned
"First Hogsmeade weekend," Ron responded pointing at the notice on the old bulletin board. "End of October. Halloween."
"Excellent," Fred chimed snatching the sweater he had hidden nearby for after practice and tossed it to the young brunette who caught it without hesitation and slipped it on. "I need to visit Zonko's. I'm nearly out of Stink Pellets."
Harry threw himself into the empty chair beside Ron with a sigh as Aria braided her hair to the side making sure to stay near the fireplace.
"Harry, I'm sure you'll be able to go next time." Hermione spoke up "They're bound to catch Black soon. He's been sighted once already."
"Black's not fool enough to try anything in Hogsmeade, ask McGonagall if you can go this time, Harry. The next one might not be for ages--" Ron offered
"Ron!" Hermione stressed "Harry's supposed to stay in school —"
"He can't be the only third year left behind," Ron urged.

"He won't be," Aria chimed in grabbing the groups attention "Until they know why Black's after me, i'm not in any doubt that Dumbledore or McGonagall will keep me, no matter the costs, in the walls of the castle until he's caught. Besides, Sirius Black or not -- do you really think that Malfoy's would ever sign my permission slip form in mercy?"

"So then both of you should ask McGonagall, go on ---" Ron persuaded
"Yeah, I think I will." Harry nodded gazing over towards the brunette "You in?"
"is that even a question?" Aria remarked

a grin appeared on Harry's lips as their eyes connected and Crookshanks, Hermione's cat, leapt onto her lap a dead spider dangling from his mouth.
"Does he have to eat that in front of us?" Ron scowled causing Aria to finally end the staring contest between her and the raven haired boy and pull out her astronomy chart and other essentials as Ron and Hermione bickered over her cat before in moments Crookshanks sprang after Scrabbers who, terrified, fling out of Ron's bag he was sleeping in and as they chased each other around the common room causing other students to join in and try and stop the cat until Ron grabbed Scabbers by the tail, dangling him in the air and eventually ended up marching off to the boy's dormitories dramatically which caused Aria to stifle a small laugh from her spot at the scene that played out in front of her and Harry looked over at the girl a raised eyebrow which caused her let her laugh escape before she awkwardly covered it with her hand as the majority of her peers looked at her weirdly but Harry just grinned amused at the girl knowing the two things she was thinking,

one, hermione and ron bickered like an old married couple

and

two, over how George Weasley launched at the cat as it scurried by him after scabbers. Knowing damn well that that scene was playing over and over again in her head and the sound of her laugh only made his heart swell and the way her eyes sparkled under the ember glow of the fireplace caused his heartbeat to rapidly pick up speed.