21

"THAT'S THE POST OFFICE -" "Zonko's is up there--""We could go up to the Shrieking Shack --" "Tell you what," Ron spoke up suddenly his teeth chattering as the cold wind swept through the quartet as they traveled up the streets of Hogsmeade

"Zonko's is up there--"
"We could go up to the Shrieking Shack --" 
"Tell you what," Ron spoke up suddenly his teeth chattering as the cold wind swept through the quartet as they traveled up the streets of Hogsmeade. "Shall we go for a butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks?"

Aria was quick to nod as she pulled her jacket closer to her and they headed over to the tiny inn. It was extremely crowded, noisy, warm and smoky. 
"That's Madam Rosmerta," Ron pointed out a woman with a pretty face serving a bunch of rowdy warlocks up at the bar. 
Aria rolled her eyes as she grinned, "Ron fancies her." 

Ron scoffed at this, "I do not!" he wined in denial before flickering his eyes back towards the woman "I should still go get the drinks, shouldn't I?" he questioned going slightly red before walking away. 

Harry, Aria and Hermione made their way to the back of the room, sitting in a vacant table to wait for Ron who came back five minutes later attempting to carry four tankard of butterbeer which Aria swooped hers out of his hands as soon as she saw it muttering a quick thank you as she slumped into her seat sipping it rather quickly as Ron raised an eyebrow before raising his tankard and exclaiming, "Merry Christmas!" 

Aria pulled away her drink from her lips and sarcastically raised her cup to show her support towards Ron and they clinked glassed before she went back to drinking hers until the chattering of her teeth finally stopped. 

Aria peeped her eyes over her cup when the door opened revealing a gust of chilly air, there stood -- Professors McGonagall and Flitwick followed by Hagrid and another man who Aria recognized as Cornelius Fudge. 

Coughing on her drink in surprise, the girl was quick to grab the boy's jacket that sat next to her and awkwardly dragged him under the table causing Ron to look at her weirdly but Hermione jabbed her head in the direction of the teachers causing his eyes to widen. 

Hermione was quick to whisper "Mobiliarbus!" 

Causing the Christmas tree beside their table to rise a few inches off the ground and drift sideways landing in a soft thump right in front of their table hiding them from view. 

The quartet subtly watched the teachers and the minister sit down.
"A small gillywater --" 
"Mine," McGonagall's voice interrupted the server. 
"Four pints of mulled mead --" 
"Ta, Rosmerta," Hagrid inputted helpfully
"A cherry syrup and soda with ice and umbrella --" 
"Mmm!" Flitwick let out a satisfied hum smacking his lips 
"So you'll be the red currant rum, Minister." 
"Thank you, Rosmerta, m'dear," Fudge nodded "Lovely to see you again, I must say. Have one yourself, won't you? Come and join us..."
"Well, thank you very much, Minister." 

Aria watched discreetly as her eyes followed the woman as she departed and returned minutes later. 
"So, what brings you to this neck of the woods, Minister?" Rosmerta's voice sounded 
"What else, m'dear, but Sirius Black? I daresay you heard what happened up at the school at Halloween?"

Aria's head snapped up from her cup at the sound of the man's name causing her to swallow nervously as she felt her heart beat pick up speed.