11

SITTING AT THE GRYFFINDOR TABLE, Hermione showed them the handful of coat buttons she produced in Transfiguration while Aria's mind drifted to the table Tom Riddle

As if almost in a trance, she reminisced over this particular name. It was like a puzzle she couldn't figure out and she hated it.

"What've we got this afternoon?" Harry asked
"Defense Against the Dark Arts" Hermione stated briskly.
"why have you outlines all Lockhart's lessons in little hearts?" Ron demanded snatching her schedule from her hands. Hermione snatched it back blushing furiously.

Later that afternoon in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Lockhart, grabbed Neville's copy of Travels with Trolls, and held it up to show his own winking portrait on the front.

"Me," he paused pointing at it and winking as well causing Aria to raise her eyebrow "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award — but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her! I see you've all bought a complete set of my books — well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz. Nothing to worry about — just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in —"

The professor handed out the stack of test papers before returning to the front of the room and declaring that they could begin.
Aria looked at the paper and she couldn't believe how ridiculous these questions where, they were all personal things about him. Like what his color was or his secret ambition.

Aria rolled her eyes sure she found his literature interesting enough to read but that wasn't saying much as the girl would read anything she could get her hands on. But no matter how preposterous these questions were they weren't going to keep the girl from answering them let alone, get them right.

So when minutes later Lockhart gathered the papers and declared Hermione and Aria the very few out of the many to get the majority of the questions right if not all, she was not startled.

What did startle the brunette was when the professor revealed that the most dangerous mystical creature he brought to class today was freshly caught Cornish pixies.

"You have got to be joking." Aria stressed crossing her arms as she leaned back in her seat her eyes glued on the cage of pixies sitting on the teachers desk.
"I am certainly not joking Miss. Anderson." he squinted his eyes at the girl.
she didn't seem to be the only one surprised considering Seamus was having a hard time holding back his laughter.
"Well they're not very dangerous are they?" he questioned choking out a laugh between words.
"Don't be so sure!" Lockhart quickly defended wagging a finger at the boy "Devilish tricky little blighters they can be!"

"Right then," Lockhart shouted loudly "Let's see you make of them!"

As soon as he swung open the cage the pixies went everywhere. Multiple flew through the window causing it the shatter flinging glass everywhere.