12

The lengths I had to go to to find all the gifs in this chapter took me longer to do than write the actual chapter lmao but in all honesty this is one of my favorite chapters and I listened to Queen the entire time writing it lol Let me know your thoughts xx

...

Madison

The boys spent the next week or so writing nonstop. They already had their four demos, but they needed more music to fill an album. Each of them seemed to have partial songs, but they decided to lock themselves in Brian and Rogers house for a week to complete them. Mary and I would stop by to drop off food, but it was always Brian or Deaky who answered the door so Freddie and Roger wouldn't get distracted by our presence. 

It was about a week of us going once a day to deliver a bag of groceries, Brian or John answering the door frantically and slipping us 50 pounds, then shooing us before Freddie or Roger got to the door. 

As deprived Mary and I were of our boyfriends, we always found it entertaining to watch Roger and Freddie in the window attempting to catch a glimpse of us, or trying to take the phone away from Brian or John and hearing the commotion on the other line. 

The boys are finally recording today, starting in about 20 minutes. They pay by the hour so they're hoping to not be there terribly long, but knowing them they'll be there all night. 

There was also a big debate as to if Mary and I would be allowed to come. Brian argued we would distract them too much, but Freddie claimed his creative juices flow more with Mary around and Roger made some sort of threatening remark if we weren't invited. 

Therefore, Mary and I are headed over to the studio now. 

I had given the boys my car so they could transport their instruments and bring them to the studio. I had left it out front and then gave Brian the keys. Mary luckily has a car so she offered to drive us both. 

"It's been too long," Mary says to me as we walk to the studio. She had parked not too far away, but it's still a walk. 

"Deprivation at it's finest," I mutter. 

Although, it was a good thing to a degree because Mary and I had spent almost every day together since. It became a routine of me going to work in the morning, Mary working in the afternoon, and then us spending all night together at one of our houses. 

Mary pushes open the door when we reach the studio finally. It's very nice - a lot nicer than I was expecting actually. Granted it's not top of the line, but it's a great start. 

"I'm just following their voices," Mary says, making a turn down a hallway. I hear them talking, and plucking strings on the guitars. 

Finally we reach the room. Mary knocks on the open door to get their attention. 

"Mary my love!" Freddie yells, running towards her and wrapping his arms around her. 

I move past them to the best that I can since they're in the doorway. Roger, who is fixing his cymbal height, locks eyes with me and a smile creeps on his face. He speed walks over to where I am, and picks me up, me wrapping my legs around his waist. 

I cup his face, tracing his lips with my thumb as he just stares at me. It's as if there is no one else in the room with us. 

I lean down and press my lips to his. It only takes a couple of seconds for our soft kiss to deepen but I pull away to prevent that, remembering that we are in a studio with other people after all. It was nice to think we were alone for a split second though. 

Roger puts me down, but he keeps a hand on my waist. Freddie and Mary join us back in the room, their hands conjoined. 

"Are we ready?" Brian asks. He looks impatient, but amused at the same time.