15

I've literally been filing papers all day for my job and ugh it's so boring but I literally rewrote this chapter like five times so I hope it came out okay xx

...

Roger

Before I know it I'm flying out the back door, frustrated at the occurrences that just happened.

"Hi Mary," I say when I see the blonde in Freddie's arms. Wait a moment.. I stop mid step and turn to face her. "Mary? What are you doing here?"

She looks at me with a confused expression. "I came with Maddie to surprise you guys. Did you not see her?"

No I did not.

"She just went inside to look for you, mate," Brian tells me.

My heart drops.

"When?" I ask.

"Literally a minute ago, not even," John says. 

Shit, shit, shit. I run my fingers through my hair. Maybe she didn't see me and that other girl. It happened so fast, but it was right when Deaky told me she went inside.

"Rog what happened?" Freddie asks, concerned.

I sigh loudly. "Remember the girl from our first band party way back when? Crystal I think? Or Cheryl I don't remember..." I ask.

"The brunette?"

I nod. 

"She stood next to us practically the whole concert," Mary says, rolling her eyes. 

"I went to take a leak before we left and I saw her waving at me and beckoning me to come over to her, which I did - to tell her I have a girlfriend and to stop trying with me because she's showed up trying this stunt at almost every concert - and one thing led to another and she kissed me and I'm worried Maddie saw," I say frantically, the words spilling out of my mouth.

We stand in silence for what feels like forever. I always hoped Maddie would come to one of concerts, I just didn't think the one she would actually come to this would happen.

"You gotta find her, mate," Brian tells me. "Maybe she didn't see but you should be the one to find out,"

He's right. Maybe she didn't see, but I should still be the one to look for her.

"I'll be back," I mutter, before walking back in the building. 

It's nearly empty now. Only a couple stragglers remain but none of them are my Maddie. 

I walk through the building, searching every crevice. I even opens the door to the women's restroom and called out for her but the only lady to answer was some cranky woman who told me to "fuck off". 

I make my way out the front door now and my breath hitches when I see her, a cigarette in her hand and one leg up against the building wall.

"Madison," I breathe.

She turns to face me. Hurt is written all over her features and I immediately know that she saw. She takes a drag from her cigarette and then throws it on the ground, stomping it out.

"Maddie, it wasn't what it looked like," I say to her. She doesn't say anything. I move closer to her, and take her hands in mine. 

"What was it then?" she snaps, pulling her hands out of mine. "Am I just another toy?"

Ouch.

"That other girl in there means nothing to me. She threw herself at me and you came in at the worst possible minute. I stormed out as soon as it happened," I frantically respond. 

"You know I spent the past few weeks fearing that you would find someone better. This isn't how I planned to surprise you," She says with no emotion. This isn't what I planned either.

"How can I find someone better when I already have the best?" I ask her. Maddie stays silent but looks away from me. "Mads, I haven't even taken off your bracelet since you gave it to me. Yeah I've been with other girls before but none of them make me feel the way you do. You're the only one I want and it was just a freak accident that happened and you caught the worst moment of it.

"That girl has been trying with me for ages and I went over to her to tell her to fuck off and she kissed me. I left as soon as it happened,"

It feels so strange to pour my heart out like this. I'm self conscious doing so but I know it's necessary.  

Maddie looks up at me, her eyes slightly watery from both emotions and frustration.

"Do you mean that?" she asks. 

"Of course I do," I tell her. "The other girl was just mad I didn't sleep around with her that night at the party. But you know why? Because I was so stuck on you and I hated the way I felt when you saw us, not because I was caught or whatever but because I wanted you from the beginning. The minute you sassed me back when we first met I was drawn to you, I just had a shitty time expressing it. Brian and Freddie had to guide me because I didn't want to fuck it up," I scratch he back of my neck, feeling awkward from expressing myself. 

Maddie wraps her arms around my waist, taking me by surprise. I follow by embracing her and kissing the top of her head. 

"It's you," I whisper. "It always will be,"

Maddie sighs heavily. "You make me so happy and angry at the same time, but I think I'm angry because of how happy  you make me feel," she tells me softly. She looks up at me and kisses my lips gently.  "If I ever see that bitch again I'm going to lose it," she adds, a serious look on her face. I laugh, because I don't doubt that. 

We pull apart and I sling my arm over her shoulder, her arm going around my waist. We slowly but surely make our way back around the concert venue, to where the other boys and Mary are. Maddie mutters incessant curse words under her breath about the brunette, who I still have no idea what her name is. 

"Everything good?" Brian asks when we return. The boys and Mary all stand leaning against Maddie's van. 

"Everything's fine," I reply. "although Maddie might be ready to fight someone right now," 

"If I see her again I'm going to shove my fist so far up her-"

"Alright, who's ready to head back!" I yell, cutting off my girlfriend. I kiss the side of her temple before we make plans for the night. 

...

Madison

Freddie wound up driving with Mary in her car back to her place. Roger insisted that I come back with them to his and Brian's, along with Deaky. I had a hard time disagreeing because eI've been desperate for Roger's touch and affection. 

I'll admit I'm still hurt by what I saw, but not because of anything Rog did. I think it was the shock and my fears surfacing that really got me. I believe him when he told me that she threw himself at her. Something in the way he said it was genuine, and it just felt real. I'm still going to fight her if I see her though. 

On the ride to Roger and Brian's, Rogers hand never leaves me, whether I'm holding it or it's resting on my thigh. I got lucky with getting the front seat, but then again it is my car. 

I'm extremely tired by the time we get to Rog and Brian's. I can barely keep my eyes open, and Roger has to guide me in and to his room. 

"Here," Roger says once we're settled in his room. "As much as I love that outfit on you, you can borrow my shirt to sleep in,"

I smile and thank him, stripping when he turns around to put the white t-shirt on. I immediately climb into his bed, him following after turning the lights off. 

I nestle into his chest and feel the familiar warmth of his skin against mine. 

"I missed you," I whisper. My eyelids feel heavy. 

"I missed you like crazy," Rog says gently. 

He kisses me again - several times - on my cheek. Before I know it I'm drifting off into a dreamless sleep.