20. Three Words

A long chapter since I haven't updated in a while :) ALSO I have another story out. It's called Direct Message and it's a Luke Deacon story. It follows the same timeline and has the same characters as Love Of My Life so you can check it out if you want!

ALSO I DID NOT EXPECT TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER AS EXPLICITLY AS I DID LMAO

...

Madison

Roger and I lay out of breath in bed. Both of us are slightly sweaty and wrapped up in the sheets.

"Wow," Roger breathes.

I haven't slept this much with someone in, well, forever. He's the only one. Since Roger and I moved in it's all we've done it feels like, and I'm not complaining. He's out often working with the band, playing gigs here and there, working with John Reid. The band has been gaining more and more recognition, especially with their three albums.

"Let's go out tonight," Roger says, taking me back by surprise. I turn to look at him, his eyes focused on the ceiling. "Yeah, let's go out on a real date. Like at a fancy restaurant or something,"

I reach up, running my finger lightly down the side of his face and down in jaw line. He tilts his head and kisses my hand. 

"I can wear a nice shirt and pants, and you can wear a dress. Something I'll be ripping off you later," Roger continues, making me giggle. He rolls over on top of me, leaving trails of kisses on my face. 

"Roger," I laugh, squirming in his grip. "Roger, please!" 

Roger stops to look at my, his eyes sparkling. "I heard you yelling that earlier," he cheekily tells me. 

I roll my eyes just as the phone begins to ring. I manage to push Roger off of me, and wrap my body in a thin sheet on our bed. I waddle out of the room and into the main area of our flat where the phone is.

"Hello?" I answer. I sit down on the couch, suddenly feeling chilly. 

"Madison darling!" I hear Freddie say. I smile.

"Hi Freddie,"

"Maddie, I need your opinion on something,"

I hear clumsy movement coming from the other room. Roger comes stumbling in, his hair a mess. He looks flustered as he buttons his pants. 

"Tell Freddie to answer his bloody phone when I call!" Roger says. 

"Tell Roger I've been a little busy," Freddie tells me, having heard Roger. I make a mental note of it when Freddie continues talking. "I've been thinking a lot. I think I want to propose to Mary,"

I sit up, leaning forward in my seat. He has my full attention now, and I barely notice Roger plop down next to me on the couch. 

"Really?" I ask. I can't say I didn't see this coming, I just didn't think it would happen so soon.

"Yeah I just wanted your approval, dear," Freddie tells me.

"Why do you want my approval?" I laugh. Freddie knows he doesn't need my approval, so there must be some secret meaning behind this call. He's Freddie Mercury. He walks to the beat of his own drum. 

"Because you and Mary believe in me. And I want you to believe in my decision,"

I sigh. "Freddie Mercury of course I believe this is the right decision. I know Mary loves you,"

Roger taps my shoulder, wanting to know what Freddie is saying on the phone. I shake my head, hoping he'll lay off but he just brings his ear close to the phone.