13

I was going to make this chapter a lot longer but I wanted to have a whole separate chapter for what happens next xx thank you so much for the votes/comments

...

Roger

"It's only going to be a few weeks," I tell Madison.

We stand in the doorway of her flat. The lads and I had stopped by to say goodbye before we left for a small tour of Britain. Almost every place we booked sold out for our shows, which is crazy to me.

"A lot can happen in a few weeks," she tells me. She gently grabs my jacket, playing with the buttons on it.

"I'm going to call you every step of the way," I tell her. I mean that.

She looks up at me, her eyes wide and slightly watery. I lean down and kiss her gently. When we pull apart, I take off my jacket and put it around her shoulders.

"Keep this and when you miss me just put it on," I say, trying to be romantic.

"Don't you need it?" she asks me quietly, sliding her arms through the sleeves. It looks big on her, but I like it because it's mine. Because it means she's mine.

I shrug. "I have another one with me," I lie. I'll pick one up in a shop along the way. 

Maddie takes a bracelet off her wrist and slides it onto mine. It's a colorful woven one. I've seen her wear it a couple of times.

"Now you have something too," she tells me, giving me a crooked smile.

I kiss her again, and then the two of us walk to her car that she is letting us borrow. The other lads, along with Mary, wait outside the vehicle so they can say goodbye as well.

"Have fun. Be safe," Maddie says, hugging Freddie, Brian, and John. She directs her attention towards Brian, Freddie, and I. "Keep an eye out for Deaky. He's an angel,"

I poke John's arm. "We're going to find his wild side," I joke. Maddie swats my arm.

The lads and I begin to load into the car, Freddie prying himself away from Mary and me somehow being the designated driver. I notice Brian had pulled Maddie to the side, and they're talking. I can see it in my rearview mirror. I don't know why but a twinge of jealousy or something courses through my body. It's just Brian, I think to myself.

"You alright Rog?" John asks me. He sits up front with me.

I stop looking in the mirror and turn to him. "I'm alright. We're going on tour after all," I respond.

Brian then loads in the car, Maddie coming up to the window besides me. I roll it down and reach a hand out, her grabbing it and kissing the top of it softly. I've never been this sappy in my entire life.

"Have fun," she tells me with a grin. "I want to hear all about it,"

"Of course, love," I tell her. She let's go of my hand.

"Alright, darlings, we've got a show to catch!" Freddie yells from the back nearly causing my ear drum to fall out. Maddie giggles and her and Mary wave as we drive off.

...

Madison

"Wait Maddie, can I have a minute?" Brian asks me while the other lads load into my car. We stand in the rear.

"What's up?" I ask, giving him a smile.

"First, thank you so much for lending us your car. This is for you," he puts an envelope in my hand. "It's not much but it's what we could pool together,"

"Oh Brian, you don't have to-"

"No, we want to. It's a token of our gratitude. And it brings me to what I really wanted to talk to you about," Brian says. I look at him with a thoughtful expression on my face. "Rog mentioned a couple weeks ago you're really good in math and physics,"

I shrug. "I don't like to brag. It's just something I get," I answer.

"I think you should look into astrophysics. That envelope not only contains money, but it also contains a lot of information about the different astrophysics programs and universities you can attend. I figured it couldn't hurt to look at information about it,"

I lean forward and give Brian a hug.

"Thank you, Brian," I tell him when we pull apart.

"as always you can ask me anytime about it. I'm hoping the money can help you save up to take classes," he gives me a smile before he gets in the car.

I walk around to the drivers side where Roger rolls down the window. He sticks a hand out and I grasp it, kissing the top of it.

"Have fun," I tell him. "I want to hear all about it,"

"Of course, Love," he tells me with a smile. I reluctantly release his hand.

"Alright darlings, we've got a show to catch!" I hear Freddie yell from the back.

I laugh. Mary joins my side, linking arms with me, and the two of us wave as the boys drive off.