28. In The Rain

The timeline for this is so messed up lol please don't ask me where we are because I barely even know

...

Madison

"I call this song 'My Life Right Now'," Roger says, sitting at his drum kit. Just when I think he's going to sing an actual song, he takes a deep breath and screams bloody murder, while banging on his drums in the least musical way.

"Jesus Roger!" Brian yells. Roger stops his nonsense, his face bright red.

"What the hell, mate?" John mutters. He plucks a couple of notes on his bass.

I feel Mary giggling besides me.

"Is he okay?" She asks me quietly.

The two of us sit on a couch in the studio where the boys are attempting to write another album.

I give Mary a tired look. "He's like this at home all the time, Mare. I can't take it," I tell her.

It's true. Ever since Roger lost his tooth he's been acting weird. Not that I think he cares too much about losing it, but I think something else is bother him. I keep telling him it's just a tooth and he will get it fixed soon. He just tunes me out though.

"Let's take five, yeah?" Brian suggests. The tired, curly haired man steps out from behind the glass in the recording studio. He plops down the couch on my free side, groaning loudly. "Can you talk some sense into him? I can't take it..." Brian asks me, talking about Roger. 

I sigh. "I can try, but I don't know how much help I'll be," I tell him. "He's a nightmare at home," I add the last part quietly. 

I give Mary a smile before I stand up and walk over to where Brian came out of. John and Freddie pass me on the way. Both of them look equally as tired as Brian. I suppose everyone is tired of Roger's attitude lately. 

I walk over to the blonde boy and pull up a chair so I can sit next to him. 

"Would you like to tell me what's going on?" I ask him. 

He barely even glances over at me. He just picks at his drumsticks. 

"No," he mumbles. I roll my eyes. He's acting like a two year old. 

"Roger, I know something's bothering you. Please don't shut me out," I say. There's still no response. "Rog?"

"God, leave it alone Mads," Roger mutters. He still barely looks at me. 

"I just want to know what's on your mind,"

"I don't want to talk about it,"

I open my mouth to say more but I'm quickly interrupted by Paul Printer waltzing into the studio. 

"Why is everyone sitting?" he asks. I look over and see Brian pointing inside at a sulking Roger. I shrug when Paul glances at us. 

"What's wrong with him?" Paul asks me. 

"He's been moody," John says quietly, but I can still hear him. That means Roger definitely heard him. 

I can practically feel Paul rolling his eyes. "We don't have time to sulk," he says. 

"I'm not sulking," Roger snaps. He head whips up to look at Paul who stands on the other side of the glass looking at us. 

"You are, darling," Freddie calls. He sits not he arms of the couch, holding one of Mary's hands. "We need you to snap out of it so we can create music," 

"I'm trying but it doesn't help being fucking questioned like I'm in jail. God everyone just leave me alone," Roger groans. He buries his face in his hands. 

My heart hurts. I can take being snapped at, but this has been a constant thing for a couple of days. Roger's been weird and I get if he doesn't want to open up about it, but it's also not fair to me. I'm not taking for everything. I'm just asking for something. This relationship it a two person deal, not one. 

I stand up abruptly and walk out from behind the glass.

"Maddie, I didn't mean it," Roger says. 

I just walk faster out of the room, bringing myself to a jog.

"You're such a dick," I hear Brian groan as I scurry out into the hallway and out of the building. 

I curse when I see the downpour. I didn't drive here. Roger did. So this walk home is going to be extra long. 

I head out into the pouring rain, my outfit getting completely soaked through within seconds. My hair sticks to my face and I want nothing more than to be dry and in bed where I can curl up.

"Maddie!" I hear. I turn briefly to see Roger coming out of the studio. He catches my eye and doesn't even hesitate before running out into the rain to catch up to me. 

All my emotions from the past couple days fuel me as my legs take off running down the sidewalk. Tears stream down my face but they mix with the rain so I can't tell what's what. 

"Madison, please," I hear Roger. My legs begin to slow down. I might be fast, but Roger is certainly faster than me. Within seconds his hand is on my shoulder, turning me around to face him. "You ran from me," he frowns. 

"You've been so moody lately, Rog," I cry. "And I know somethings been bothering you. I just can't take you being so cold to me. It's not fair," 

Roger runs a hand through his hair, which is now soaked all the way through. 

"I just-" he starts. "I look stupid. I have a fucking hole in my mouth and I don't want you to leave because of it, okay? I feel like a fucking jack-o-lantern,"

My eyebrows furrow as the realization of his words hit me. Is Roger self conscious because he's missing a tooth? And does he really think I would leave him because of that?

"Rog," I say softly. "I don't care if you lost a tooth. Or all your teeth for that matter. I love you, you know that," 

"It's just it's always been about my looks. All girls cared about were my looks," Roger sighs. 

I move closer to him and wrap my arms around his neck kissing him briefly. 

"I'm not every other girl. I don't care about any of that physical stuff. I just care about you," I tell him. 

"I'm sorry I've been cold and distant," Roger whispers, exposing his soft side. "I don't want to hurt you," 

"I know you don't. I just need communication and you're awful at it," 

Roger gives me a small smile. "I'll try to be better. For you, I promise," he tells me. 

He kisses me again. Both of us are completely soaked from the rain now. 

"I love you," I tell him. 

"I love you more," he says. He nuzzles his face in the crook of my neck. "What do you say we just go home and get dry and we can just cuddle or some shit like that?" he asks, his voice muffled. 

I laugh. "I'd like that,"