24. Surprise

YOU GUYS I am so sorry for the typos lmao I'm writing a couple different stories and sometimes I get the names wrong so just let me know and I'll fix it ASAP lol

...

Madison

After hours and hours of planning and traveling, Mary, Chrissie, and I finally made it to America.

We came up with an idea to surprise the boys on their last concert. We needed to see at least one of them, especially in a larger crowd. We surprised them once before but it didn't go exactly as planned, so we needed to make up for it. I have a feeling this surprise will be ten times better. 

 Naturally we invited Chrissie to go. We've gotten really close since her and Brian started dating and we knew Brian would be ecstatic if she came. 

"I don't know what I need," Mary groans, looking through the small bag she brought. 

I don't know about her but all I need are my cigarettes and a lighter. And maybe a little chapstick. 

"We have to leave if we want to make it on time without getting trampled," Chrissie says from the doorway. She's right. We've been running really late. 

"Okay," Mary sighs, shoving a couple items in her pockets before declaring herself ready.

The three of us hurry down and out of the hotel, and take a cab to the concert venue. It's a lot larger than what we've been used to. This right here is a real venue. 

People litter the streets, everyone trying to pile into the area. Mary, Chrissie and I shove our way to get our tickets checked. Security lets us in and we push into the venue. 

It's large, but it feels smaller because of how many people there are. Mary grabs my hand, and I grab Chrissie's so we don't get lost and the three of us hurriedly walk through people and try to get to where the stage is. 

"I don't know how close we can get," Chrissie shouts over all the people talking. 

We did not fly all the way from England to stand in the back. 

I replace Mary as the leader of this line, and I push through people, squirming my way past all the bodies. I feel more and more self conscious because of the girls around me. They all wear short dresses and have perfect hair, and they're all pretty. What if Roger doesn't even notice me? What if he doesn't find me attractive anymore?

I use my now pent up rage to push Mary, Chrissie and I to the front. We somehow make it front and center, pushing right up against the metal barrier. 

"Holy hell," Mary says once we're stopped. She looks frazzled. We all do.

"It's crazy in here," Chrissie comments. 

We must have made it just in time because the lights dim slightly, and the four boys walk out on stage. 

My breath is taken away. Freddie has enough confidence to kill in his flamboyant outfit; Deaky looks like a happy angel; Brian looks fierce; and Roger looks..beautiful. Call me a sap, but his hair is perfectly messy as it falls to his shoulders and he wears this open vest with fringes on it. 

"Hello my darlings!" Freddie says into the microphone. If the crowd wasn't wild before, they sure are now. My ears are ringing from the cheers, but I don't let that distract me from the boys. Mary grabs my hand from excitement, her eyes as wide as the smile on her face. "I'm sure you all know I'm Freddie. We've got Brian over there on guitar, Deaky playing bass, and of course Roger on the drums," the crowd cheers. I hear girls swooning over Roger, but it doesn't bother me. Not right now anyways. "And together, we're Queen,"