57. Bad News

Please read:

Hey guys, before the chapter starts please know that I don't intentionally mean to make you wait for an update for weeks on end. I'm in college right now and unfortunately I need to put school before writing (as much as I love it). So don't curse me out for not updating sooner or call me mean names (and that goes for everyone too - not just me). We're supposed to be a family bonded together by our love for Queen.

As one of my boyfriends (Harry Styles) says: treat people with kindness. 

Best,

Zoe 

...

Madison

Bright lights shine into my eyes. I squint slightly as I open them, adjusting to the hospital room. My eyes wander, taking in my surroundings. I'm in a hospital bed, attached to an IV. The door is open, doctors and nurses walk past in their scrubs and lab coats. I look to my left and see Roger is asleep in a chair. Just as I'm going to look away, my eyes quickly find him again. 

Wait...Roger?

I feel my heart rate quicken when I see him. It's been ages it feels like, but there's no way they are done with their tour. They still have about a month or two left. Did he really leave the tour for me?

"Roger?" I call softly. He doesn't stir. His arms are still crossed over his chest, his head leaning against the wall. He looks so peaceful. I almost don't want to disturb him. "Roger?" I call, a little louder this time. 

His eyebrows furrow and his eyes flutter open. It takes him a second to realize that it was me who called his name, but when he does he stands up abruptly and comes over to me. 

"Maddie!" He says. 

He grabs one of my hands in his and I cover it with my other hand. Roger leans down and kisses me softly, but passionately. The last thing I'm in the mood for right now is a make out session. 

"How are you? Are you feeling okay? I've been worried sick. The lads and I got on the first flight here but you were sleeping by the time we came so I decided to stay in the room after the doctors told me y-"

"Rog," I cut him off. As much as I want to talk to him for hours on end, I need to find out about our child. "The baby? How's the baby?" 

He sighs and gives my hand a squeeze. My heart pounds as I wait for him to tell me what happened. My belly is still swollen but I can't feel anything from the morphine trickling into my system. I have no idea if the baby is even in there anymore or if I'm just bloated from something else. 

"I have some bad news..." he says. I shake my head as I feel a panic attack start but before I can fully hyperventilate, Rog cups my face in both of his hands. "The doctor accidentally told me the gender of our baby when he told me he was going to be okay," 

"What?" I ask. My vision is blurry with tears and my brain is fogged over. I can't seem to wrap my mind around anything that is happening at the moment. 

Roger grins at me and lets go of my face to grab my hand again. 

"Our little boy is going to be okay," he tells me. 

I breathe out a sigh of relief. Suddenly, the world continues to spin again. Tears still fall down my face, but this time it's from relief and joy, not sadness. Roger leans down again and kisses me, this time a little harder. I still can't seem to process everything going on, but all I know is Roger is here with me and our baby - our little boy - is going to be safe. 

"Oh good, you're awake!" a cheery voice says. A doctor, who I'm assuming is mine, walks into the room. He's an older man with greying hair and thin framed glasses perched on his nose. He gives me a warm smile. "I'm sure Mr. Taylor told you the good news?" I nod, gripping Roger's hand a little tighter. "So fortunately, light bleeding during pregnancy is completely normal. I wouldn't consider what you experienced light necessarily, but there's no need to worry. Sometimes it happens and I'm glad you came in. You and your baby are perfectly healthy,"

I sigh again and smile at the man. 

"Thank you, Doctor..."

"Jones," he finishes for me. "Now I'm going to keep you an extra night, just for observations, if that's alright. We just want to monitor that everything is okay, for precautions,"

I nod. "That's fine with me," I tell him. I open my mouth to ask him a question, but I'm cut off by the sound of three very familiar boys running through the hallway, stopping dead in their tracks at my doorway. 

"Maddie!" They all yell in unison. 

"Ah yes, the rest of the motley crew has arrived," Doctor Jones laughs, making his way out the door. 

"That would be Queen to you, darling," Freddie says, pushing a finger into Doctor Jones' chest before walking over to me. He quite literally pushes Roger out of the way and kisses both of my cheeks. 

"Hey arsehole, could you not?" Rog seethes but Freddie ignores him. 

"Oh, Maddie dear, we were so worried. Mary called in a panic and we wasted no time getting on the first flight home," he tells me with an empathetic look. 

Before Freddie can say anything else, Brian takes his place and gives me a hug, followed by John. I feel safe now, knowing the news of mine and Roger's child and now that Queen is back. I grin at my ridiculous friends, and fiancé. God, I love them all. 

But as quickly as my grins comes, it fades. Sadness overtakes me again, mixed with guilt. 

"You're on tour!" I yell. "You shouldn't have come home," 

Of course I'm beyond grateful that they did, but I can't help but feel like I'm to blame for them missing their shows. I would have understood if they couldn't have come. 

"It wasn't an option not to come home," Roger says, running a hand through his ever-growing hair. 

"But, your fans-"

"We'll make it up to them somehow," Brian reassures me. "Don't worry about it. You're more important, Maddie. We love our fans but you need us right now and we need to make sure you're safe," 

My eyes brim with tears again. 

"I hate hormones," I half joke at my newest crying episode. The lads laugh and just stare at me like I'm a delicate wonder to the world. 

"Is it too soon to ask if Roger Junior is the official name for our baby?" Roger asks, a cheeky grin on his face. 

I roll my eyes but a smile still manages it's way on my lips. No, Roger, it's not too soon.