49. Promise?

SOMEONE TALK TO ME ABOUT STRANGER THINGS LMAO I NEED EMOTIONAL SUPPORT

...

Roger

As Queen prepares for our world tour, I find myself getting excited, nervous, drained, and just emotionally exhausted. We've been practicing for hours in the studio, making sure everything is perfect. I swear one day I'm going to wrap my hands around Freddie's neck because of how many times he makes us run through the bloody songs. I love him, but I'm losing my shit. 

I currently sit by myself, practicing on my drums. Freddie went out with Mary somewhere for a break, and Brian and Chrissie are trying to cheer up John and Veronica. Apparently Paul freaked out because of Veronica's pregnancy. I'm not quite sure why the twat would care so much. It doesn't affect John too much because, well, it's not like he's the one carrying a baby inside of him for nine months. I guess the fear is he'll be emotionally distant and just not performance ready, but this is John we're talking about. He'll pull through especially if we're there to guide him. And it's not like we're leaving Veronica stranded in the middle of the woods. She'll have the girls to look after her. 

Speaking of girls, I can't help but wonder where my girl is. I called her a little while ago asking if she wanted to have lunch in the studio with me and she said she was on her way. Maybe I'm impatient. She's coming. She said she was. 

As if the Lord above was listening to my thoughts, which actually scares me a little because I don't want him to hear 99% of them, my Madison comes walking through the door holding  a big, brown bag. Her long hair cascades down her back and her eyes light up when she sees me. I can't help the stupid smile on my face as I get up to go to the other side of the glass wall. 

"I brought some food for us. There's some sandwiches and drinks, along with a couple bags of crisps. I couldn't decide which ones so I bought them all," she explains. 

I walk over to her so we're only an inch apart, and press my lips to hers. It starts off as a slow kiss, but I manage to slip my tongue into her mouth, deepening it. I feel her smirk and then suddenly she pulls away. 

"I'm hungry," she pouts. 

"Me too," I mumble, leaning in to kiss her again but she turns her head so I kiss her cheek instead. 

"Rog, I'm serious," she laughs. I roll my eyes jokingly as the two of us settle on a red, velvet couch and tear into the bag Maddie packed. 

"Hey babe?" I say when we pull everything out. Maddie looks at me as she unwraps one of the sandwiches. "Did I ever tell you I love you?" 

A slow grin creeps on Maddie's face as she blushes. "Maybe once or twice," she says, looking down at her sandwich. 

That's something I love about Maddie. No matter how many times I compliment her or tell her I love her, I never fail to make her blush. She's always flattered by the things I tell her and that makes me warm beyond belief. It also turns me on, but that's a different conversation. 

The two of us make small talk as we eat. My mind races and I start to panic about being away from her for months while the lads and I are on tour. I don't know what I'm going to do. I've been away from her before, but we're at this stage in our relationship where I just don't want to let her go. I'm - dare I say it - scared. 

"What are you thinking about?" Maddie asks me, noticing how quiet I've become.

"You," I answer, honestly. She smiles. I lean my arm on the back of the couch and outstretch my hand forward so it's grazing Maddie's. "I don't want to leave you," 

Maddie sighs. "I don't want you to leave either, Rog. But it'll be so amazing for you guys to play all over the world. That's a dream come true," 

I exhale heavily, the palms of my hands beginning to sweat. "Do you promise we won't fizzle out?" I ask frantically. 

Maddie furrows her eyebrows. "Of course we won't fizzle out!" she tells me. "I'm not going anywhere. I'll call you every time I can and you better do the same," she half threatens. 

I grin. "I will, don't worry. Every free second I can I will," I sigh again, my heart beating uncontrollably out of my chest. I wonder if Maddie can hear how loud it is. "Maddie, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me," I admit to her. "I'm sorry for being a douche sometimes and I'm sorry for getting angry over little things. It's all because I love you too much," 

Maddie stretches her hand out a little, grasping mine in her own. I'm glad she doesn't retract when she feels how sweaty my palms are. 

"Can I ask you something?" I ask her. 

Maddie laughs. "You just did," she jokes. I roll my eyes. "But sure, I'll allow you one more question," 

I nervously smile and pull my hand out of her own and stand up. Maddie looks at me confused as I reach into my pocket and grab the little box I've been carrying with me everywhere for weeks. I shakily get down on one knee and open the small box, revealing the diamond ring I had bought with Deaky a while ago. Maddie leans forward in her seat, her eyes bulging out of her head. 

"Will you marry me?" I ask her. I smile the best I can, but my nerves make me feel like I'm about to shit myself. 

"That was a good question," Maddie whispers, laughing slightly. Her eyes water slightly as she nods gently. "Yes, Roger Taylor. I'll marry you," 

I let out a breathe I didn't realize I was holding. Maddie lunges forward into my arms, embracing me tightly. I plant small kisses on her neck, making my way to her lips where I kiss her gently. She pulls away and sit back on the couch so I can put this bloody ring on her. 

I take a deep breathe and take the ring out to fit box, sliding it on Maddie's ring finger. She stares at it in disbelief, her face flushed and her eyes wide. I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders. I never pegged myself to be the kind of guy to want to marry, but as I sit here with my new fiancé, all I want to do is spend the rest of my life with her. 

...