47. A New Family

Y'ALL BAD NEWS. I found another roll on my body lmfao I need to lose weight and glow up immediately.

also enjoy this gem gif I found on the world wide web

...

Madison

It's been a couple of days since I saw my family. I tried to call the other day, several times, to see how everything was going but no one answered the bloody phone. I decided to give it a rest and call soon but for now I need to get my mind off of everything. It's all I've been thinking about lately and it's beginning to get unhealthy. 

Luckily, Brian invited us all over for dinner. I feel like I haven't been over his house in ages so I'm quite excited. Plus I get to see my other family, whom I  haven't seen in a long time it feels like. I didn't realize I missed them as much as I had until today. Of course I miss them whenever I'm not with them, but this is different. 

Roger is already there since I had to drop something off at my university earlier today. I figured I would just go afterwards. 

The entire drive over I'm giddy with excitement. I practically run into Brian's house when I arrive, eager to see everyone. 

"Hello!" I announce my presence. I fear for a brief moment that I've walked into the wrong house, but I glance around the corner to see Roger and Brian playing scrabble on the floor while Mary and Chrissie watch from the couch. Freddie sits across the room, writing furiously on a piece of paper. 

Roger's head snaps over to me and he quickly stands up to come and greet me. My eyes quickly scan the big house taking everything in in awe. It's decorated just how I would expect Brian to decorate. I can't explain it, but it's clean, homey, and delicate all at once. 

"How's the most beautiful person in the world doing?" Roger asks me when he joins my side, causing me to blush. I lightly kick the door shut with my foot before I forget. 

"I'm doing great, thanks!" Freddie calls from the other side of the room. 

I roll my eyes as I give Roger a quick kiss. 

"Way to ruin the moment," Rog mutters. I nudge him lightly as we walk over to rejoin the group. I sit on the floor in between Roger and Brian. 

"How are you Maddie?" Brian asks. 

"I'm okay," I tell him honestly. They've all been informed about my family but Roger told them not to question me about anything or to even bring it up. "I just dropped off a paper at my University so there's that, " 

Brian's eyes light up. I can practically feel everyone else, including Chrissie, roll their eyes at Brian's excitement. 

"Paper?" He asks me. "About what?"

"Interstellar scintillation," I tell him. 

Roger raises his hand. "I'm sorry," he interrupts. "But what in the fuck is that?"

Freddie looks up from his paper. "Darling, we're going to need the English language," he says. 

"Twinkling stars," I clarify, laughing slightly. I address the group as a whole now, explaining it in simpler terms. "I'm writing about how the Earth's atmosphere has lumps in it so basically it fluctuates the light of the stars which causes twinkling,"

"That's interesting," Mary says, with a genuine look of interest on her face. I'm glad at least one other person besides Brian finds it fascinating. 

"It's all very interesting," Brian agrees. "Can I read your paper if you have a copy?"

I grin at Brian. I know he's living through me when I talk about school. I've been secretly sneaking him any papers, articles, or books I've received about astronomy or astrophysics for the past couple months. 

I nod. "When I get it back from my professors you can read it. I only have the one copy. Unless you want the notes from it-"

I'm cut off when the door slams open. I flinch slightly, but I calm down immediately when I realize it's just Veronica and Deaky. Both of them are giddy with excitement and laughter. 

"And where have you two been?" Freddie questions. He crosses his arms. 

Veronica and John exchange a glance. 

"We have news," John says, gripping Veronica's hand as they come closer to us. 

Every single person, besides John and Veronica, has a suspicious look on their face while they try to crack the big news. My mind swims with ideas. Maybe John proposed? I know he's mentioned it to me but I didn't know if he was going through with it any time soon.

"Well, what's the news?" Freddie asks, getting impatient. 

The glee washes off of John's face for a moment. He runs a hand through his long hair. I see the hesitation and worry course through him.

"Paul's going to kill us," he mutters. 

"Fuck him. You lovebirds are excited over something, now spit it out," Roger says roughly to try and cheer him up in his Roger way. "Don't let two prick Nancy ruin your fun," 

As much as I hate when Roger gets excessively worked up over something, I let it slide with Paul. I must say that Roger's insults have been getting progressively more creative. I get a kick out of them every time they leave his lips. 

Deaky sighs, the grin returning to his face once more. He looks over at his girlfriend.

"Well - Veronica's - she," Deaky stutters. Veronica squeezes his hand and says the one thing no one was expecting. 

"We're having a baby!"

... 

I apologize for the short chapter.  It's 3 am and I just couldn't elongate it anymore but the next one will be longer :)