Chapter 2: Misunderstandings

The little girl runs to the comfort of one of her parents friends' room. Only to find him dead, the death of the King and Queen to much to bear. He had hung himself, the only thing he had left behind was a letter addressed to the little girl.

     The burnt figure of Kitty lay sprawled on the ground, a few yards from where she had originally been. The wire cocoons fell apart, to reveal the princes and guards unscathed. "Kouen! What is the meaning of this!" Yelled Hakuyuu to the boy behind him(picture above). Bolt ran towards Kitty, tears streaming down her face. "Kitty! Kitty you have to get up! Big sister! Please don't leave me!" Sobbed Bolt, holding Kitty in her arms. She looked up at the red haired boy, anger shining in her red eyes. "You killed her! You killed big sister! I'll kill you!" Yelled Bolt pulling out a pair of daggers.

Kouen POV:

     I ran to where the explosion had gone off. My heart pounding my chest as I ran. Hakuyuu and Hakuen went to see what was happening around 30 minutes ago and they still haven't gotten back yet. My thoughts were cut short when I saw what lay ahead in the court yard. The court yard looked like it was filled with spider webs. The guards were being held up in the air, they were all dead. None of them moved at all. My eyes landed on the pitiful sight of Hakuyuu and Hakuren, filling me with rage.

     They were restrained and hung limp in the air. Hakuren's spear fell out of his grasp. The girl started dropping them to the ground, her kill complete. It sent me over the edge and I djinn equipped, launching a gigantic fireball at her in my fury.

 It sent me over the edge and I djinn equipped, launching a gigantic fireball at her in my fury

                                     (This is his djinn equip for those who don't know)

 I watched as the flames engulfed her and heard the screams of her comrades as they watched her burn. I unequipped, my job done. "Kouen! What is the meaning of this!" Yelled Hakuyuu. How is this possible! They should be dead, I saw her kill them with my very own eyes. A girl who looked exactly like the girl I had killed ran to the dead girl's side. "Kitty! Kitty, you have to get up! Big sister! Please don't leave me!" She sobbed, holding onto the other girl like her life depended on it.

 "Kitty! Kitty, you have to get up! Big sister! Please don't leave me!" She sobbed, holding onto the other girl like her life depended on it

     (Kouen is hot, don't you think! Or is it just me. Heh. Heh. It's just me isn't it (T-T). Okay                                                                    I'll get back to the story now.)

     "You bastard!You killed her! You killed big sister!" She yelled, tears streaming down her face as she stood up. "I'll kill you."she said, her bangs blocking her eyes from view. She looked up, her red eyes gleamed with predatorial intent and tears still streaming down her face. "I'll kill you!" she yelled,launching herself at me with daggers in hand. She threw one of her daggers at my face but I dodged to the side and it ended up only cutting a bit of my hair. A split second later she was right in front of me with her dagger to my throat. "Bolt! What do you think your doing." someone yelled, unfortunately I wasn't able to see who had said that because of the girl, who I now knew as Bolt, was trying to kill me.

     Bolt went for the kill, about to slash my throat, when someone grabbed her wrist before she could. Completely stopping her before flinging her back into the palace wall across the courtyard. "What did I tell you Bolt!"said the person. I looked at the hole in the wall, caused by Bolt being flung, and then towards the person who had saved me. I was surprised when I saw a flash of blonde. Everything was blurry and I could barely make out that it was a female, mostly based on their voice. "I apologize about my sister, she tends to loose her temper quite easily Sir." said the person, bowing down to me.

     What is going on here? I thought that Hakuren and Hakuyuu. Who is this person? Why did they bow to me? "Sir, is everything alright? You look confused." Said the person. Everything started spinning and I struggled to stay upright.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw a blur coming towards me, only to see the person intercept it and send whatever it was flying. "Bolt, what the hell do you think your doing! I specifically told you NOT to kill him!" They yelled with their hands on their hips. "Kitty, your doing it again!" Yelled a person with blue hair. "Oh! I'm sorry miss, it won't happen again miss!" She said bowing. Kitty? I thought she was dead. What is going on here? Then everything went black.

Jasmine POV:

     "Kitty, your doing it again!" I yelled, face palming at her sudden personality swap. Makoto let out a sigh of disappointment and shook her head in dismay at Kitty's antics. "Oh! I'm sorry miss, it won't happen again miss!" She said bowing to me. "Dear god! How many times have I told you Kitty, no destroying other peoples' property!" I said while glaring at her. She shrank away from and said a faint, "Yes, Ma'am." A  tap on my shoulder caught my attention and I turned around to see who did it. I stared into dark purple as my eyes met with Wendy's. "Jasmine we need to do something to fix this misunderstanding before everything gets out of hand." Said Wendy as she averted her eyes to look at the dazed guards that lay scattered on the ground. "I can handle that part, all you guys need to do is make sure that Bolt, Kitty, and Nagisa stay out of trouble." Said Makoto, butting into the conversation.

     Wendy and Makoto look at me expectantly and I immediately get the hint and start backing away from them. "Nope nope nope nope nope. I'm not going to do that. Don't you remember what happened the last time we let them do that! It did not end well at all!" I said irritation radiating off of me. They flinched but then Wendy glared at me, her amethyst eyes boring into my soul. "Okay...I'll do it. But don't say I didn't warn you," I said and held out my hand towards her. She handed me a pack of playing cards and and a large bag of coins. "How much is in this thing?" I asked as I struggled to hold the bag of money. "There's around 5,000 gold coins in there, enough to keep them busy for a while...A long, long while." She said, while looking at a clip board that had magically appeared.

     I reluctantly walked over to Bolt and Nagisa, and said the dreaded words. "Who's up for some poker!" Immediately Kitty, Addy, and Christie were over with Nagisa and Bolt. The cards already out and dealt to their respective players and the bag of gold in the middle of the circle they had formed. "God...What have I done..." I groaned, holding onto my head. "You did what was necessary, and we thank you for that." Said Makoto, a look of remorse in her chocolate brown eyes. 

     I'm going to regret this later aren't I. I look over at them and see Nagisa with a bottle of wine, that she and Kitty and drinking out of, Bolt is laughing like a maniac. I'm really going to regret this, but at least it gives Makoto the chance to clear things up with the Kou princes. Turning my head to where Makoto was, I see them leisurely sipping tea while seated elegantly at a circular table.A tray of cookies in the middle of the table. We're all going to die, completely and utterly screwed! I'll be seeing everyone in the afterlife by the end of the day. Another hoot from the poker table hand me face palm. Wait. What! Now they have a poker table!? Where did they get that from!? And not Bolt has alcohol, this is not good...

     Cliffhangers, aren't they wonderful! Note the sarcasm. Also sorry if this seems like it's on crack, but it will be continue to be that way because the OC's that I created are based off of my friends and I, and we are by no means normal. I hope you like the wonderful crack I have presented to you. Bye! Neko-chan out!