Chapter 13: The Phantom Maid

Chapter 13 is finally out! I can't believe it's been half a year since I started writing this book, and I'm barely on chapter 13. It's kinda pathetic, but when you look at it I've been on hiatus multiple times(I think?) and only update on Saturdays. But that is going to change soon. On May 23 it will be summer break for me and I'll have more time to write and update this book. Don't worry, I don't plan on discontinuing this book in the middle of summer break, cause my sister in threatening me and because of the fact that I have plans for his book in the future. Well enough of my random thought process, let's get to the actual chapter that lays ahead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following quote had to be censored because of spoilers and Bolts pride.

"What is the difference between a *beep* and a *beep*?"

-Ali AlTharman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     A couple days later a carriage rolled up the path that led to the Kou Palace. Whoever was arriving seemed to be an expected guest as there was a lone maid waiting for their arrival. Two girls stepped out of the carriage and were immediately greeted by the red headed girl who stood before them. "Welcome back your highnesses." Said the maid bowing down to them. "It's nice to be home. Please take these to our rooms and inform the others that we're home." Said the girl with black hair.

     "I'm afraid that is not possible, miss

     "I'm afraid that is not possible, miss. Here was an accident that cause your rooms to be destroyed, until the repairs are finished you will have to sleep in a different room for the time being. Luckily there are two spare rooms next to our guests, please follow me to your temporary rooms." Said the maid. "It's fine, take us to our new rooms then. And please, call me Hakuei." Said the dark haired girl named as she stepped out of the carriage. She only stood up to around the maids waist and was clearly around the age of eight. A pink haired girl hid behind her, mumbling a short "Call me Kougyoku" before hiding behind Hakuei again. "Alright then. Hakuei, Kougyoku, please follow me to your rooms." Said the maid, leading them somewhere in the palace.

      After walking down numerous winding hallways the girls finally stopped in the middle of two ginormous gold plated doors

      After walking down numerous winding hallways the girls finally stopped in the middle of two ginormous gold plated doors. "These will be your rooms until the repairs are finished. I'll come to pick you up when dinner is ready." Said the maid. The two princesses looked away from the huge doors that stood in front of them and towards the maid, only to find that she was gone. "Where did the nice miss go, Ei?" Asked Kougyoku, looking up at her cousin. "I don't know Gyoku." Said Hakuei before they both went into their rooms and instantly fell asleep, exhausted from their travels. A couple hours later a knock on their doors woke them up. "Wake up, miss. It's time for dinner!" Called a voice from the other side of the door. They were then led to the dining room and joined their family at the table. 

     They ate in silence until Kougyoku spoke up. "This afternoon we were picked up by a really nice miss at the gates. She had the prettiest red hair and eyes and she was super nice! She even showed us where our new rooms were!" The normally shy Kougyoku gushed. "What do you mean by 'the nice miss'?" Asked Hakuyuu, confused. He thought that there was no one else but the royal family was on the palace grounds, except for the guests from Nazarik but why would they help? "She seemed like she a new maid, but she was really nice to us when we got here." Said Hakuei after she finished chewing. "Hakuei, Kougyoku, there are no maids on the property. There haven't been any here for the past month... It seems that you two have met the mysterious helper we've been looking for." Sighed Hakuyuu, pinching the bridge of his nose in exasperation. "Mysterious helper? She's more like a phantom, disappearing without a single trace." Yelled Hakuei, only to quiet down immediately and flush in embarrassment. "Did you happen to catch the name of this phantom maid?" Asked Kouen. "No," was the sullen reply of both girls.

     I hope you liked the chapter. It took longer than expected to get this typed up and posted. It is currently 10:22 pm and it is technically still Saturday so here you go. Neko-chan out!