Chapter 12: Mysterious Helper

Hello kittens! It's Saturday and guess what that means! All the chapters that I wrote during the hiatus are being posted today! Well except for the one I posted this Wednesday, but you all know that. Expect to see your notifications box be blown up. Well that's all I needed to say before I started off the chapter. I hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hearts are often broken by words left unspoken."

- Makoto Himiko

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     It was an odd sight to see the Kou palace staff lounge around and relax instead of running around, trying to get their work done. Even stranger when they said that all their work for the day was already done, even the cooks said that they were done and it was the middle of the day. The workers, that had been hired to rebuild the destroyed parts of the palace, had left but had never come to get the pay for doing their jobs, instead they had just left without a word. What confused the royal family even more was when they had questioned the workers why they were leaving. The worker had replied with that their job was done and they had already been paid.

     Though they hadn't thought about it after he fact the royal family started to wonder when their dinner was already at the table waiting for them when the cooks and other palace staff had left for the day. The staff never came back to work the next day, but strangely enough everything that needed to be done was already done. Food was at the table when they got there and a fresh pair of clothes was always laid out for them when they woke up. The garden had been cleared of all the green ribbons, then were trimmed, and any weeds that may have started to grow had been disposed of. By the time lunch had rolled around food had been set out for them. A magnificent spread of exotic foods was put before them, all of which they had never seen before.

     This continued to go on for weeks, but the royal family never figured out who the mysterious helper was until one day they noticed that they hadn't seen the Nazarik crew since the castle staff left

     This continued to go on for weeks, but the royal family never figured out who the mysterious helper was until one day they noticed that they hadn't seen the Nazarik crew since the castle staff left. Questions started to arise. What happened to them and do they have any connection to the mysterious help. 

     Do you remember the little pink hair kid from chapter 3, well he's important now.

     Kouha(The kid in the pic above) was roaming around the castle late at, cause why the hell not, when he heard something break and and then someone yell "Fuck" right after

     Kouha(The kid in the pic above) was roaming around the castle late at, cause why the hell not, when he heard something break and and then someone yell "Fuck" right after. He scampered off to investigate but only found a broken vase. The next day breakfast was out like usual and they ate in silence until Kouha broke it. "Last night some broke a vase in the main hall." Said Kouha and then continued to stuff his face with double chocolate pancakes. "What?" Said Kouen, clearly not amused. "Yeah, someone other than us was in the main hall last night." Replied Kouha, chocolate sauce dribbling down his chin and getting on his robes. "The question is, why would there be someone else other than us in the palace?" Asked Hakuren, surprising his family members with the amount of intelligence he showed just then. "What? Did I do something wrong?" He asked, just as he was about to shove an entire waffle into his mouth. Everyone in the room facepalmed at his immediate switch back to idiocy. "Hakuren, for once, proves a good point." Said Hakuyuu. "But what about the guests from Nazarik? Do you think they could be behind this?" Said a boy with long unruly red hair. "That is a good idea Koumei, but what would they get out of helping us in secret? Wouldn't it be more beneficial for them to receive the credit and have us in their debt for later?" Said Kouen, his brow furrowed in confusion.

 "That is a good idea Koumei, but what would they get out of helping us in secret? Wouldn't it be more beneficial for them to receive the credit and have us in their debt for later?" Said Kouen, his brow furrowed in confusion

(This is what Koumei looks like.)

      "I doubt that the guests from Nazarik have anything to do with this. Though it may be strange that we haven't seen them for the past month, for all we know something happened and they returned to Nazarik in the middle of the night." Said Hakuyuu, also confused about the situation. "Maybe we could go and sneak into their quarters at night and see if their still here!" Said Kouha, but his comment was ignored when Hakuren spoke up. "Speaking of not seeing people in a while, when are they going to get back?" Said Hakuren. "They should be returning form their trip in a couple of days, a week at most if complications arise,"said the emperor, flashing everyone one in the room a smile and continued, "So until then, let's try to find out who this mysterious helper is." 

     I hope you liked this chapter. It took me awhile to writer because of gosh darn writer's block. Writer's block is evil! Evil I tell you! Well, see you at the next chapter my dear kittens. Neko-chan out!