2.6

ᴏᴜʀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪs ᴜᴘ
ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ sʜᴜᴛ
ɪ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴡʜᴀᴛ
ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ

━━━ • ✙ • ━━━

Jungkook is happy. Today, his father had called. Today he was told to come back home for a family dinner, and bring his hyung along.

Jungkook's parents have always been supportive. It's just that after his release from prison, he tended to stay alone and lock everybody out, even when his mother always brought his favorite dishes and when his father wished to take him out for while. He pushed them away so much that it affected their relationship, and made it extremely awkward. On day, they had wanted to address the issue, but he threw a tantrum and disrespected them despite their efforts to keep a strong bond with him. That resulted in his father getting angry and giving up on him saying : "if you want to stay alone so bad, then so be it. You will have all you need for a good life, but don't ever come back looking for us. If I see you again, I'll cut all your resources. You've hurt your mother and I for way too long and it will end now. Goodbye son, I wish you happiness."

It was easy to abide by those rules at first, after all, that was what he wanted. He spent his days stalking Park Jimin and ended up having him for himself. He was happy.

It was only after shit went down, and he found his hyung, that he started regretting his words and actions. He realized that he was so stupid for turning his back to the people who raised him and were nothing but kind even when he was accused of such crime.

After long thoughts and advice from his hyung, he finally came to the decision that he wanted to see them again. He was aware of the fact that his father will block his money and remove access to his other house, but he couldn't care less about that now. He had wanted to apologize and make things right for once.

He went to their mansion and stood before his parents, head low, ashamed of himself, begging for forgiveness. His elders were surprised when he kneeled for them to take him back. They knew their son would never do that. He changed.

His father finally granted him what he wanted and his mother ran to him for a hug. They cried together and smiled to each other again. He was never more grateful.

Jungkook knew the consequences of his acts, which was why he asked his father to take him in his company. He said he'd start as a normal employee and climb up with hard work. His father was glad to hear his son speak with maturity, and wondered what had happened for him to grow so much.

Jungkook became a normal citizen, with a job, a salary and no privileges. He lived with his hyung in their small apartment and paid his part of the rent. He had a simple life.

He worked and worked, he spend many nights trying to do everything and even fix other people's work. He earned people's trust and was so modest and kind that people forgot about his surname. He was now a manager but still aimed for higher positions.

" hyung! Are you ready? " he asked excitedly over the phone.

" yes jungkook-ah, I just need to go get the bouquet and I'll be done " he said, but jungkook clicked his tongue.

" nah nah, I'll take care of that don't worry, see you in 10" he hang up and picked his car keys.

He was able to buy a car after a year and a half thanks to his savings and his hyung's as well. He was also getting comfortable with the way he was living now. He knew what it was to be short on cash and understood people's struggles when they told him.

Nonetheless, he was happy.

-----

The dinner was great, jungkook had almost forgotten how amazing of a cook his mom was.