2.9

Check out the Coffee by Tori Kelly, I used of few lyrics in the chapter later on.

----

Jungkook honestly didn't expect this much of a positive response to his official media exposure. He knew there would be talk about it, but he was surprised to get so much support from the people. The interview and photoshoot sessions, all of that was overwhelming, but the past few months let him discover many things about himself. He now knew how good of a pubic speaker he was, it boosted his confidence to see reporters interested in him and cameras capturing him under his best light. He found a new goal, he wanted to use the platform to inspire. 

He wished to send message, to say that everyone can get back up after touching rock bottom. Some would argue that Jungkook was a rich kid who's had everything handed to him in the past, and that money was the thing that saved him from having a miserable life. The family's wealth gave him a job, a roof to live under, never-running-out food, and a bright future ahead of him. However, what the other's don't know was that Jungkook had to sacrifice many thing to make that leap in life again. 

He was an ex-prisoner, it would've been hard to get a random job, but he didn't need one. He had money to cover a modest life worth of expenses. He could've held onto the purposeless life, clutched his big ego with both hands and not gone to see his parents again, but he wanted to change. He wanted to be a proud man, a man of honor. He wanted to be what others saw in a perfect man, what jimin saw in a perfect man. He let go of his lover, and started from the bottom. His perseverance is what got him where he was, not the wealth, not the connections, himself.

Now, he was on the way to a photoshoot for an article on South Korea's most eligible bachelor. He did say he wasn't to be in relationship with anybody, but if the media wanted to fantasize about that, he'd allow it. On the ride, the chauffeur thought they needed a bit of music to lighten up the mood, or just break the silence. Even though Jungkook was friendly with the driver and almost everyone in the company, he just wasn't one to entertain discussions in the car. He preferred sitting silently and letting his eyes glaze over the buildings he's seen countless times already, hoping the different weather would bring something exciting to them.

Turning the volume up, jungkook recognized the song being Bangtan's So What. He felt the corner of his lips curve upwards and sighed when it was nearing the end, preparing to hear his favorite group member's voice. 

' Somebody call me right one. Somebody call me wrong '

He sung along, not taking his eyes off of the buildings, letting himself revel in the soft tone of the harmonic voice. The melody intertwining with the orchestral violins, shaking faint emotions in Jungkook's chest. The song ended and another western pop song followed right up, he checked the time on his phone and ended up scrolling down his emails.

'South Korea's Most Eligible Bachelor'

Jimin reads then scoffs and rolls his eyes. 

" Most eligible bachelor my ass " he says, then flips the page to read more about just how amazing the business man Jeon Jungkook was. He knew the younger was the dream of every single woman or man right now, but he couldn't help but let his jealousy take over. He took a piece of scissors and went right for Jungkook's picture, aggressively cutting and dragging the blades over the paper. Smiling when he raised the messily cut high quality picture to his face, he let out a chuckle and took out pieces of tape to stick it onto his booklet. 

It was a small red notebook with tan pages, in which he wrote his poetry and kept images he thought were beautiful. That's what jimin would say if anyone asked him about it, but in reality, it was just his Jungkook notebook. Ever since he did his first interview, jimin found it very hard to keep away from jungkook's news. He was everywhere, on every social media platform, and Jimin would be a fool to ignore those deep brown eyes staring right through his soul from the screen.