2.7

" Jungkook, I wanted to talk to you about business as you could guess. I want you to make your first media appearance as my son, and potential heir to the company " Mr. Jeon said and Jungkook sighed.

" father, we talked about this. I told you I wanted to earn my way in this company, and not just be heir because I'm your son " jungkook replied.

" I know kook-ah, I understand, and trust me I've thought this through more than you would imagine. When you came back telling me you'd work for me, I thought you would quit very soon. You were never one to take things so seriously, you would put some effort at first, then just let it go. I was pleasantly surprised to see your perseverance and strong will " Mr. Jeon praised and the younger smiled.

" thank you father, I appreciate your words a lot " he simply said, a feeling of pride rising in his chest.

" I'm just, very curious, let's say. What happened? You never really said anything ever since you came back " he asked and waited, watching his son's eyes and gaze get laced in a mix of joy and heartbreak. Jungkook looked like he wanted to talk, he wanted to tell his dad about the love of his life, but it was just too hard to think about it all again.

" never mind kook-ah, whatever happened made you the man you are now, don't regret anything " he changed the topic and explained more business matters, warning his son that his life will change drastically when he's exposed. His parents had chosen to leave him away from business when he was younger, and him going to jail wasn't really that big of a scandal even if they are important people in Korea. Things like that happen all the time to spoiled rich kids, and if the kid in question wasn't a media figure they would let it go very fast.

" I will do it " Jungkook answered.

" but son, once you do, they will be all over you. They will look into the smallest details of your life. They will want to know everything you've done and been through " Mr. Jeon elaborated further, trying to make his son understand the weight of his decision.

" I know father, I'm aware, and I say that I will do it. I want to. This is a major step in my career and I'm willing to take up the challenges, whatever they are. Don't worry I moved on from what happened and I'm sure it won't soil my name or the family's name. I was found innocent after all, it was a mistake and I had nothing to do with the homicides. If anything, it might just be positive to the business " Jungkook reassured when seeing his father's worried expression and sorry eyes.

" alright son, I'm holding a press conference tomorrow. You don't have to prepare a speech or anything, I will be the one to do the talking anyway "

" actually I want to speak, just introduce myself, make a couple statements nothing big. I like to think I'm a charismatic person and I want everybody to see it too " Jungkook chuckled, clearly proud of himself. The athmosphere lifted a little again, as they continued discussing different matters.

---

" kook-ah! Dinner's ready! " bogum called out and Jungkook walked over with his baggy white t-shirt and shorts.

They were eating silently, enjoying the food, when bogum suddenly spoke.

" are you sure? "

" yes hyung I am. I mean why not? I have nothing to hide or keep private for. My relationships are not very important, my partners were just normal citizens, I don't think I will do anything that would attract the media except business, I have nothing to lose. " jungkook explained again,  getting tired of reasoning with people over his own life decisions.

" alright, if that's what you want " the older shrugged.

After a few minutes, jungkook felt like bogum was hesitant about saying something and helped him spit it out.

" what is it hyung? " he rolled his eyes, and went back to cutting his steak.

" what about Park Jimin " he trailed, making the young man stop movements and put his cutlery down. He suddenly didn't know what to make of his hands and just balled them as a support for his chin.

" I'm sorry I-"

" I don't know. I would love to know what he thinks, what advice he would give me, but I just don't know anything. He's probably busy with his tight schedule and won't even watch the broadcast, they're getting bigger in presence in the industry aren't they" jungkook chuckled and buried himself in his food again.

---

All I want is nothing more, to hear you knocking at my door

He walked into his shared room with Hoseok, and pulled the striped shirt from the closet.

When you said your last goodbye, I died a little bit inside

Jimin sang as he hugged the shirt close. It was his after all. That was the only thing he had left from him. He smiled and got up, the music in his ears was all he could hear as images flooded his mind.

I lay in tears in bed all night, alone without you by my side

On his tiptoes, he twirled and danced around the room. The piano speaking to him like no words could.

But if you loved me, why'd you leave me, take my body...

He was standing at his window, wondering what life with Jungkook still in it would be like, then shook his head shortly after. It wouldn't be a life he'd want. Jungkook, with that personality, wasn't ideal in any way. It could break any time and Jimin will be left to hurt with nobody by his side.

' what have you been up to, jungkook-ah, I'm dying to know. I want to see you, all grown up, not the 19 years old boy I first met. Did you find yourself someone? Maybe you spend your time traveling, you used to love that. Maybe you made friends, go to parties and have fun to catch up on the experiences you didn't live before. Did you take up school again? Maybe arts? '

" I hate how I can never get answers to any of this " he muttered, a bitter smile on his lips.

" jimin! We're gonna watch a movie in a bit, don't stall too long " he heard his roommate say from the door.

" yeah " he simply replied and changed into the shirt he's been holding.

---

Small chapter! I will update more in a couple of days!!

I hope you guys are still here for it.

- Aida