Chapter 1

"So Tsunade, finally used the little lacrima I gave you." I looked her over, she seemed to be doing considerably well for being in a coma not too long ago.

"Yes well we are currently in no position for any joking matters, as much as we'd like to have a heartfelt reunion we don't have that luxury." I nodded, my smile fading and into a low scowl. "So what happened?"

"Besides the fact that a war has been dragged out not much. Naruto is currently in hiding and knows nothing of the war." I slammed my hand on her desk, what is running through her hand.

"When will you stop treating him like a child!"

"Hailey be reasonab-"

"I won't! He deserves to be here, he is stronger than most forces combined! He would be a huge asset, while I am fully against using him as a weapon, I know that he would want to be here! We are fighting for him!"

"Stop yelling!"

"No!" I shouted in response, what the hell is she thinking? "Look, I don't care how much of a bind you're in currently, I want to know what is happening."

"First off you're going to want one of these," She tossed me a headband which I effortlessly caught. I took a look at it before raising an eyebrow at her. "Allied shinobi forces."

"All the nations agreed to this? I find that highly unbelievable." I stated, no way would they agree to a full alliance. "It was a decision nonetheless, but is not one to be taken lightly."

"What makes you think I want to be apart of this?" I asked with a low smirk, let's see how this freak show plays out. "The fact that you will be appointed leader should peak your interest slightly."

At this I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor from confusion. I tied the headband around my neck, covering the scars and guild mark that was previously visible.

"Who exactly assigned me as a leader, I tend to be more stabby stabby and murderous." I asked with a raised brow and crossed arms. Who would be stupid enough to make me a commander?

"Kakashi actually recommended you, but nobody knew where you had gone off to or more importantly how to reach out to you." I sighed and let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding. Kakashi? You know what that actually makes a lot of sense.

I smiled slightly, remembering the father like figure I had grown quite the bond with. Come to think of it I missed him a lot more than I'd like to admit, along with the rest of Team 7. No matter how much I wanted to forget about Uchiha I just couldn't, it had been surely over a month since our last argument.

"Well you certainly knew how to reach me." She sent a low smile as a smirked danced onto my face. This is starting to sound almost fun. In a weird sadistic way that is.

"Indeed I did, so are you in?" I sent her a smug look and leaned against her desk.

"You know I'd have to look into my extremely full schedule and see if I can make some room. I'm a very busy lady after all." I pretended to be deep in thought before I snapped my head up and looked at her with a smirk. "Replaced eat, sleep, and more eating with highly dangerous war commander."

"Good to see you're in such high spirits considering the situation at hand." The corner of my lips turned into a small smile, my eyes softening slightly. "What can I say, I'm not one for a tense situation. Need someone to lighten the mood."

"Remind me why you're a captain?"

"Easy, I might come of as bubbly giggley and extremely childish. However I can hold myself in a battle, with some tactics and have plenty of experience. And lastly my favorite, I can give motivational speeches." She sent me a challenging look, as if she was saying I was full of myself. "Really? Let's hear one of those speeches."

"Ahem, I have been rehearsing this one since I was ten." I cleared my throat and straighten my posture to come off as powerful and held authority. "People who will fight by my side hear me out! Today we fight so we can live to see the sunrise of tomorrow! We fight now so that those who come after us can live a life! We fight now so we can see those we love smile once more! So stand with me and fight for not only yourself but the future of this world! Keep those close to you in mind and they will give you strength to keep going! Now we fight!"

She was silent, staring at me with an unreadable expression on her face. I let my posture fall back to normal and let my shoulders drop. "Hailey I really do hate to say this, especially you with an already huge ego, but that wasn't terrible."

"Thanks I also have this one I made up when I was bored one day, it goes like this, Peasants I am your commander you will fight with me or against me! But if you dare step in my way I will tear your head off and shove it up you-"

"That is quite enough, you first one was better." I smiled and swept the stray hairs out of my face. "Oh, I thought the second one was more my style."

She face palmed and my joyous mood faded into one of sternisess and serious.

"You do plan on telling Naruto eventually right?"

"I do, but the others, mostly the Raikage are against him knowing."

"I see, well your judgement is usually the better one, so I hope that you make the right decision."