Chapter 26

Naruto leaped into the air, leaving Sasuke and me behind. A prideful smirk appeared on my face as Naruto went toe to toe with Obito.

"Sasuke, we gotta keep this bastard occupied, look at the tree." I whispered, making sure Obito didn't hear me. He looked quickly and nodded at me. Naruto sent another bijuu bomb, only for it to be blocked once again. His weapon is really starting to get on my nerve.

I looked at the crowds of ninja attacking the tree. I overheard Hasirama calling it the divine tree. Apparently, from his story, this tree is what gave shinobi chakra, and now it wants it back.

"Get back here!" Naruto shouted as he charged full force once again at Obito. I could tell Naruto was getting frustrated with himself at this stage in the battle. All his attack kept getting countered by Obito's black matter.

I noticed that Obito now realized that shinobi were retaliating against him. The branches turned into a dragon-like a vine that attached shinobi.

"Keep your eyes up Hailey!" Sasuke shouted as Obito went for me. I flew upwards and dodged in the nick of time. This bastard is fast, but I have grown automated to his smell and sounds. I can pinpoint where he is going.

Right there!

"Elemental Dragon: Roar!"

Naruto and Sasuke attacked from the sides, Obito threw his arms out, stopping the two boys from getting the hit. But what was his plan for stopping my ray of power?

Against my will, he stopped it with the matter. The matter broke from my sheer force which I went at him to hit him with my scythe. My scythe made contact with his regenerated matter.

"It's about time you sleep." Obito seethed, his mouth was clenched, I think we were starting to piss him off. "Now I'll guide you into the dream, there is no time left!"

Using his matter, he pushed all of us away and strangled us with it. I made attempts to move my arms, but my attempts were futile. I noticed Naruto and Sasuke were struggling with the same things I was.

"Fuck you!" I yelled I tried igniting my body on fire, but even the heat didn't crack the matter. Obito remained unfazed by this all. With no warning he sent us hurtling into the ground, all shinobi near us was sent flying back, we all hit the ground, my back feels like it's been stabbed multiple times.

Naruto's cloak and Sasuke's Susanoo disappeared and my dragon force dispersed. I pushed myself to my feet, "Just a little longer."

"Why do you keep getting up!" Obito outraged, judging by his peachy attitude I could tell Naruto and Sasuke weren't done yet either. Even Jugo was pushing himself to his feet. "And what exactly are you fighting for anyway? For your comrades? Or do you fight this world?"

All of us breathed heavily, I gasped for the air. Sucking it in like every breath could be my last. But the air fueled me, even if it was only slightly I could keep gathering power without Obito even noticing.

"Listen! In this world your beloved comrades betray you! You should know you experience it, people of the leaf and Sasuke betrayed you. Jiraya's love conveyed hatred towards you. You and I are both the same, culminating anguish and pain will change you in time. How can you claim you'll never change because of it. You don't know when comrades will betray you again. Or if the allied forces will go back to fighting each other." Obito's words affected Naruto I could see it in his face. He was getting frustrated once again. "You don't even know if you can defeat me right now! There should be no reason to keep fighting for a world like this. No matter it's coming to an end in a few minutes. So why do you keep on fighting!"

I was the first person to stand all the way up, this dude was seriously starting to piss me off. Naruto's scowl only grew as he grew to his feet as well.

"Tell me Obito, what's the point in living in a world where you know what's going to happen? That sounds pretty damn boring to me. And we might not know if we're able to beat you, but our will to save this imperfect world is what drives us. And the comrades that betray you are real, but it's fucked up and it hurts, so when they betray you, you have to bring them back!" I shouted, my words much more real than I intended them to be.

"You wanna know why? It's because it is my ninja way!" Naruto added onto my statement. "No matter what I never go back on my word, that is and will always be my ninja way!"

"I thought I told you to go to sleep!" Obito seethed as all of us held scowls of determination.

I flashed over to Naruto's side, Sasuke appearing at my side, leaving me in the center of the two. Naruto's chakra cloak reappeared and my magic was replenishing.

"Let's end this with our next move," Sasuke spoke, his voice was even and his eyes narrowed. I nodded in agreement with his words. Both of their chakras wrapped around me. Creating a half ninetails and half Susanoo cloak. "Yeah, we'll sleep tomorrow and well dream our own dreams!"

Sasuke's Susanoo spread throughout Naruto's cloak. Giving the ninetails an armor-like substance surrounding us.

"I believe this is what Madara did before," Sasuke smirked as the armor became completed.

"I can contribute as well," I spoke softly gathering magic that I was about to output from my body. "O strengthen of Arm to cleave the heavens! O swift wind that dashes through the heavens! O fortify of the body that dances below the heavens! Lle combination support!"

The chakra cloak we were in became covered in a faint glow of magic. I let out a minor sigh as I felt my magic being drained from me.

"I'm not done yet!" I smiled as my circlet appeared on my head once again, but the wings were bigger and appeared on the back of Kurma's chakra.

"Now this is what I call teamwork." Naruto fist-pumped the air as the transformation was complete. Everyone looked at what we created in astonishment.

"Let's bring this bastard down with a bang! Just like how team 7 does it!" I enthused as a purple chakra sword appeared in kurmas hand, er um paw I mean.

Team 7 just got an upgrade!