Chapter 8

Let's hope Kakashi did his job. 

I closed my eyes and scanned for the special kunai. "So he did do his job." 

"Everyone! If your group is hard hitters go with Mifune! Support Kakashi's division!" I turned to Mifune and nodded with a smirk. "I'm requested at Kakashi's division, my group will meet there meanwhile I need to get their fast."

"Understood, I'll take my group of hard hitters to the front lines." 

"Good luck, I'll catch ya on the flip side." I made hand signs and infused my magic as I did so. "Flying thunder god!" 

I dashed through the air quickly, appearing at Kakashi's side swiftly. My eyes widened as I realised who was in front of us. 

"You've got to be fucking with me." I shouted in a pissed off manner. Kakashi chuckled and looked over at me. "Nope they're real... well sort've." 

"How's it going Reaper?" I looked over at one of the many people I hate. His tattooed body, white hair, and scythe speak for itself. "Not much, I thought I killed you Erigore the Reaper."

"Ah yes, that matter that I am supposed to be dead. Well you see we have been reanimated by Orochimaru." I now realised that beside him was Zabuza and Haku, the ones we fought in the land of Waves years ago. "How's it going steak?" 

"Seems you haven't lost your humor Kid." He snorted. 

"Seems you still look like a cow." I shot back a smile present on my face. "Good to see you too Haku."

"Sorry Erigore I have no intention of fighting you again." I noted with a pissed off tone. This was not putting me in a good mood.

"Seems we agree for once, however I can't control my body. The person who brought us back controls us." Erigore spoke, no hesitation in his voice, he really didn't want to fight. An unsettling mist began to set in. "Damn, Kakashi stay on guard!" 

"Got it Hailey." He replied his back connecting with my own. I held my scythe in hand, clutching the handle tightly. 

"Kakashi I wish it didn't have to end this way, however I don't have a say anymore. I hope Naruto is doing well he had potential." Haku spoke his voice holding sincerity and was true to his words. 

Water clone came hurtling towards us, sebon shooting from the mist. But where did the damn scythe user go? I felt movements move through the mist. 

What was the best plan of attack? I could control the water in the mist and dispel it, but I could do it slowly and make it seem like its going away on its own. No, that would take too much time, who knows how many people would die in that timeframe. I could cut through it with wind, or even just freeze the water. 

I was snapped out of my strategic thoughts as a scythe came colldinging with my own. "You've beat me once, I expect you to do it again without fail Yuki." 

"You're on Erigor." I hissed through clenched teeth, the mist is still putting my sight at a disadvantage, but I can still smell and hear perfectly. Let's get my sight back shall we? My knuckles whitened as I grasped my scythe. I infused magic into my hands, the magic ran down my scythe and coated it in a layer of wind. 

I swung the blade around me, twirling it around the mist dispelling it almost immediately. My eyes swirled into shade of colors changing as I used different magic. I froze the moisture in the air, making the mist drop like flies. I finished off the mass amount of mist with fire burning through the water droplets. "Seems you haven't lacked." 

"How could I when I have nakamas to protect." I smiled, showing I had no intention of losing. "You can see again Kakashi! Take down the two mist ninja, leave the mage to me!" 

"Be careful Hailey, they might not want to fight, but they're not holding back." I smirked as I slashed towards Erigore, my blade missing him by an inch. "Don't worry about me, I have people to live for." 

Our scythes collided with a clashing sound, metal to be more exact. I sighed as his blade swung above my head, holding my breath as I ducked under it. "That was a little too close for comfort if you ask me." 

"Step it up Hailey, I have already lost to you." I rolled my eyes and slammed my knee into his gut, I looked him in the eyes, which are now stained black. Looking almost lifeless if it wasn't for the red pupils glaring at me. 

"Shut up mofo, I'll make this quick." With that done and said I lunged towards him, scythe winding up behind my back. 

I was jumping in front of him, but as I was about to release the fury of my attack he moved at the last second, leaving my scythe to penetrate the dirt where he once stood. I hissed to myself and pulled it out of the earth in one swift, and solid motion. 

My feet pushed off the ground, leaving a small crater in its wake. I huffed as our scythes came into contact again, the sound of clashing metal grinding into my ears. His scythe moved quickly, giving me a slash across my stomach.

A quick accession says it's only a flesh wound, but it's loosing blood quickly. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I felt hair tangle between itself and I smiled as I felt rough patches form on my skin. A cool substance floated around me in droplets. 

"Dragon Force: Water Dragon!" 

Now it's time to get serious.