Chapter 35

"So you want me to burn Hailey?" Natsu spoke, slightly in edge.

"Yes!" I grimaced in slight pain, the wound on my stomach was burning, and the one on my thigh was icing on the cake. My fist clenched from the pain, and the amount of explanation he needed.

"But won't burning you hurt?" Natsu questioned, Wendy facepalmed with a desperate look.

"Okay Natsu I'm going to say this is the nicest way possible..." I looked him dead in the eyes and a small smile. Quickly I grabbed his collar and snarled at him. "You are a fucking idiot, burn my cut so I can go save some more asses!"

"E-eh! Okay okay, Wendy tell me what to do!l" He panicked as he fumbled to light his hand in fire. "Okay slowly place your flames on her stomach while I try and do some slow closing on the cut."

"If you screw this up, I come after your tiny dragon soul, Natsu Dragneel. Understand?" I uttered in pain, even though my voice was rasp, he still gulped at my mostly, empty threat. He nodded quickly and did as Wendy said. I dropped my dragon force to make my skin less hard to make closing it easier.

"Were going Hail-" I stopped listening once I felt the hot flames on my wound. I bit my lip and held in my thoughts as the heat intensified. His flames are so much more intense seeing as he focuses on only one element rather than most of the elements.

I tried tricking my brain into thinking I was fine by using distracting thoughts. "Hang in Hailey."

I nodded slowly as I clenched my teeth even harder. I could feel the burn radiating from my skin. These are gonna be hell later on.

As suddenly as the heat started, it also dispersed. I bit my lip, piercing the skin caused blood to trickle down my lip.

The slight stinging remained, undoubtly there were at least third degree burns where my stomach gash once was. Wendy went to my left thigh and started using her healing magic on the wound. I could easily tell that is wasn't as severe as my stomach. Just a small amount of healing could seize the bleeding enough so I could keep fighting.

I sat up slowly, I looked down to see the wound crossing my stomach. I took of my black tank top, remaining in a black sports bra and cloak. And shorts too of course, I'm not that indecent.

"Hailey stop moving, it will hurt." I ignored Wendy's concern as I stood up all the way. I closed my cloak yo hide my gashes. Looks like I have two new additions to the scat family. "I have to go back. They're fighting without me right now, I need to help them. I noticed that it had to be almost 11 o'clock, meaning I had left the ninja for almost two hours. "And how will you manage that when you can barely move?"

"I can do it, this is nothing I can manage with the pain." I gritted my teeth in the blue haired mages direction. The sheer determination in my eyes was enough to keep her quiet.

"Hailey you don't have to do this alone you know! You always try to save everyone, you don't have to fight alone anymore!" Natsu yelled, his eyes bearing into my own. "Madara is out there, I have to keep fighting for them. For all of the ninja. For my family. For my nakamas, right master? Isn't that what you taught us?"

"Fine but I'm going with you." Natsu spoke, giving me his goofy smile. Wendy quickly stepped in and volunteered herself. "No you have to stay for Lucy and Juvia."

She was hesitant but nodded anyway. I gave Natsu a fist bump and silently thanked him for doing this. I won't admit it but having him by my side made me feel as if I could take on an entire army. Over the years he has become the best big brother, and soon I'll be an aunt!

"Let's do this pipsqueak!" Natsu smiled and shot fire at me. I sucked the fire into my mouth a scowl on my face. "Don't make fun of my size."

"Let's do this Hailey!" I nodded and closed my eyes, a magic circle appearing underneath our feet. I concentrated, I felt a hand on my shoulder as we started to glow. The wonky feeling flooded my senses as we were dimension hopping.

I felt my feet reconnect to the floor, I smiled as I smelt the familiar scent of blood and metal. Not comforting but I knew I was back at least. I looked around and noticed something was off. I smelt the air, picking up on the smell of Ramen I dashed off, Natsu using his flames to propel himself.

I noticed we were quite close to the leaf village I saw Kakashi watching something from afar. I landed next to him and saw a battle was taking place. The battlefield was a water field, I think I've read about this. Its the valley of the end. I saw Naruto fighting what looked like Uchiha. But no I thought they were in good terms now?

"Hailey..." I heard Kakashi speak lowly, I noticed his sharingan was gone. In its place was a regular eye that matched his other. Just what happened when I was gone. "Kakashi what happened!"

"We defeated Madara and Kagura. But then they challenged each other to a battle here." My eyes widened, it was Naruto and Uchiha. Natsu quirked a brow and looked at the battle intently.

"I thought those two were on your group 7 or whatever? Why are they fighting?" Natsu asked as he used his brain. Shocking I know. But I was more confused than anything right now. "They are."

I was about to sprint out there when Kakashi grabbed the back of my cloak. He looked at me sadly and shook his head. "No they need to figure this out on their own. This will only keep happening."

I felt an overwhelming sense of worry flood my entire body. My body shook slightly as I covered my mouth. Natsu wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled my away from the battle.

"I don't know what's happening but I don't think watching is a good thing for you." He spoke softly trying to calm down my shaking body. I couldn't watch I hated every second of this. Why can't they get along and not hold a hatred for one another. I heard the flickering sound of lighting, and felt the air being concerntrate into one spot.

They wouldn't would they?