Chapter 9

"Dragon Force: Water Dragon!" 

My teeth sharpened into dangerous canine. Eyes swirling from their normal purple, to a darm piercing blue, like the color of the ocean. 

My hair became unbraided and grew, with blue highlights complimenting my lilac hair. Dragon like scales danced across my body, making my exterior more dragon like. 

I bit my lip, as my dragon force concluded with a silver circlet, with a blue sapphire appeared on my head. Blood trickled down my chin, from my freshly cut lip. 

"Bring it on Hailey!" 

"I'd thought you never ask!" I lunged, leaving a crater in my wake. Water surrounded my scythe, the deadly blade collided with Erigore's. The sound of metal clashing filled my sensitive ears. 

"Water Dragon; Wing attack!" I chanted, blades of water shot towards the white haired mage. He sidestepped, just barley dodging the water. I sighed, as his blade had missed my head by mere centimeters.

"Water Dragon: Azurite Palm!" I sent my fist towards his stomach, which had hit and sent him hurtling back into a tree. I slid my feet back, regaining my balance with a smirk. 

"Time to finish this!" I shouted, Erigor had an all knowing smile on his face. His scythe laid still near his feet, his breathing was ragged as I lunged towards him one final time. 

"Water Dragon Secret Art: Tsunami Explosion!" My hands curled into fists as spheres of water exploded on Erigor's body. 

I took in a deep breath as my figure slowly returned back to its normal state. The circlet disappearing into nothing, and the scales dispersing from my skin. My eyes swirled into their normal purple state, and stared at my work. I tied up Erigor, to keep him from moving when he comes to his senses. 

"Yo Kakashi I finished my part, how about you?" I boasted with a smile, I looked over to his battle, which was over. Both mist ninja layed forgotten on the ground.

I then sensed something strange. "Kakashi?" 

"What is it?" He asked, looking in my direction with a raised brow. "I smell Naruto." 

"That's impossible, he's on a secure location with Killer B." I stuck my chin in the air, sniffing the blood scented air, which almost made me gag. However underneath all of that I smelt it, the hyperactive knucklehead ninja I have grown fond of. 

"I smell him, its faint however I smell him." 

"He must have realised what's going on by this point." I nodded slowly, the war were fighting is for his safety, I guess he just can't sit still while we protect him, how predictable. A small absent minded smile appeared on my face. 

"Hell yeah!" I enthused as I pumped my fist in the air. "Naruto's joining the party." 

I felt a slap on the back of my head, I turned ready to attack, but saw Kakashi sweatdrop at my actions. "You realize the whole point was the Naruto wouldn't find out." 

"Did you really think that Naruto would be able to sit back and relax while his friends are fighting? I mean come on he may be rash and unpredictable, but he has skills. He's not just some lowly genin who needs a sensei to watch over him. He is Naruto Uzumaki and he will become the Hokage one day." I bragged about my good friend, one I haven't seen in a while. 

"Hailey." I turned to see Kakashi, however it wasn't him who spoke. I looked slightly passed the silver haired ninja and saw a familiar face. "Tomi?" 

"Been a while reaper hasn't it." I smiled at my old friend. "Sure has, how are you here?"

I took on his appearance, his sword was hilted on his hip. His dirty blonde hair was shaggy on his head and his eyes were as soft as ever. 

"I was on a trip to Crocus to deliver new swords for the castles army, but I somehow ended up here." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. I smiled politely at the blacksmith, he had slight confusion on his face. 

"Oh Kakashi this is Tomi, a blacksmith from Fiore. He is the one who made my scythe." I bragged about my old friend with a smile. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kakashi Hatake." 

"Alright reunion time over, we still have a war to fight people." I explained my smile fading into a deadpan expression. "Tomi if you wish you can join me. Kakashi I believe you have a squad to lead." 

"Indeed, but so do you." My eyes widened like dinner plates. "Holy shit I forgot about that, I gotta go, let's go Tomi."

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him along. The sun was setting slowly, the metallic smell of blood filled my nose more as we walked. 

~~~~

I followed behind my savior, watching her as she frantically weaved her away around the trees. Muttering about how she's an awful Commander and how she abandoned them. 

My hand traveled slowly to the handle of my sword. I slowly drew it out of its casing. The black metal shrouded darkness caused by the setting sun. Come on, just fulfill your duty. 

My hands shaked as I approached her from behind, she was so sidetracked by her thoughts and ranting that she didn't even realise I was right behind her. My body shook slightly, as I was about to swing, Hailey shot around and looked at me with a raised brow. 

"You good Tomi? Looks like you just saw a ghost." Her voice was sweet, something I never understood why she was so nice to me. She saved my life, and yet I'm ordered to take hers. 

"Yeah all good, I just thought I heard something." I slid my sword back into its halt and waved her off. I need more time, would I really be able to go through with my orders? Only time will tell I guess, and it sure doesn't seem to be on my side these days.