Chapter 33

"Alright here's what I propose." I spoke to the team I was captain of. The team was Wendy, Erza, Cana, Natsu, Gray, and I. Lucy was our communication, and would stay at Fairytail seeing as how she is pregnant, long story. She found out about a week ago, and I wansn't here.

Turns out the whole gang has been busy, Juvia is three months along with a baby boy. Swiftly I got back on track with what was at hand.

"My team will be the main rescue team." Loud boos and mods if approval were heard. "Gajeel get a hold of your panties and stop booing, we can't have too many people going, more people means more suspicion."

"Whatever," he scoffed and rolled his eyes. His attitude was something I definitely didn't miss. I return my gaze to my team and was about to explain the plan to them.

"Here's how it's gonna go down," I started and made sure everyone was listening. Once I had their full attention I started to explain. "I'll go in fists blazing and see what I can do. If I am unable to get everyone to safety, you three are to grab master and the council and wizard saints. I don't care how you do it, but what happens needs to be done for the safety of the council. It might even convince them to drop a few damage records we have on file."

They all nodded their heads but I saw Wendy waver slightly. "Wends, what don't you like?"

"I don't like the fact that you are bait, you could very well be killed. We don't know the full extent of this Aaron figure." Wendy explained, her voice was concerned and full of worry.

"No need for that, I'll be fine." I reassured her, but in reality I have no idea what could happen. One things for sure, this is not where I die.

I stood up from the table we were gathered around and pulled my hood over my hair and circlet.

"I'll take my leave now. I can make it their with ease, I hope you can get there within two hours." I walked to the door with the resume team and nodded as I used my magic to propel myself forward. Going at unimaginable speed, my determination driving me.

Within ten minutes of nonstop running o had made it to my destination. There is adrenaline coursing throughout my heated veins. I took a second to catch my ragged breath. While doing so I sniffed the air, easily smelling masters odd scent of alcohol and stress. Yes, stress has a scent. I could tell that at least twenty people surrounded the building Aaron held his hostages in.

I held a kunai in my hand, looking past one of the men.

"Calm, steady, deadly." I whispered to myself as I threw the kunai with pinpoint accuracy into the wall behind three men. I smirked and flashed over there, hitting their nervous point in their necks, which rendered them unconscious. I snuck inside, deciding that sneaking in would be my best bet.

I crept down the foyer, and looked around. I spotted two men with a decent amount of chakra. I clung to the shadows and knocked them out as I went along. Big doors awaited me at the end of the hall, I did a double take, making sure nobody was watching me. Once the coast was clear I pressed my ear against the door, but quickly realized that I could hear nothing, even with my heightened senses I still heard nothing.

I cursed under my breath, then kicked in the door, my scythe ready to swing. As the doors disappeared from my view a man with red hair and a red mask awaited me.

"Glad to see you could join us Reaper." He laughed, his voice sounded normal like he was glad to see me. Just what exactly is his game? "So I did, and I like you to let everyone go while I'm here."

"Confident are you, well I'll just have to kick you off your high horse." He spoke, his light voice becoming more horse as he talked. He tossed a kunai from where he stood, my reflexes allowed me to catch it. Upon contact with my skip, the metal started to drip down my heated dragon skin.

"Sorry sweetheart, you're going to have to try harder than that. But do tell me why I can't sense magic from you?" I remained unfazed of his assasanation attempt and tried to strike up a conversation. "You know of kunai, and you have reflexes, very nice indeed. And if you must know, I am not a wizard."

"I figured as much, now mind telling me how you got into Fiore, Shinobi." I asked, slowly I tightened my grip on my scythe, readying myself for any surprise attack.

"No not really, I'd much rather see the look on your face as I kill your beloved master." I scowled and turned my gaze to master who bore a gag and was restrained with magic cuffs. "I'm afraid I'm on a tight schedule and can't allow you to do that."

"Oh really? Then I guess you can forget about saving your master." He smirked, it was low and held deviance. "You have low expectations for the number one guild in Fiore. We never leave behind those we care about. We fight for them, as they would do the same if the roles were reversed. I'm afraid your time is coming to a inhumane end. Unless you would kindly hand them over that is."

"Over my dead body." He paused between every word and bore twin katanas in his hand.

"I can arrange that," With no more words said we lunged towards one another. Into another unpredictable battle for my family.