Chapter 39

Sorry for no updates in almost a week! But my birthday had just passed. Hailey and I share the same bday. And I got a puppy, picture in the media of Dexter, he's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and my son. Enjoy the chapter it's a little longer than usual to make up for my lack of updates. Enjoy and as always I will,

See Ya All Later Bye!

I played with the silver bracelet in my wrist, whilst looking at the request board. I sighed as none of these jobs really jumped out at me. I went back to my group and slouched into my seat.

"Anything good?" Wendy asked, her eyes hoping for something. I shook my head, nothing really seemed entertaining. A hand was placed on my shoulder and shook me lightly. "No problem shorty will find something."

I smiled lightly at the iron dragon slayer behind me. Natsu was currently helping Lucy move into his house, and I have no idea where Gray and Juvia was. "Hailey?!"

I looked for the source of the yell, I whipped my head around to see Laxus calling me from the second floor. "What's up pikachu?"

"Come here a minute." He sighed, wow no comeback this must be serious. I stood up and Wendy quirked a brow to which I only shrugged off. I jumped from the ground to the stairs, using the chakra technique to do so. Thank god for the ninjas. Speaking of them it's been about two weeks but felt like years. I haven't realized how much I got used to their company.

I joined Laxus who held emotion on his face. Wait, did he actually feel things?!

"I think something is up with Mira." He blurted out, he was pacing back and fourth and held his chin. Oh... Did I forget to mention the two were an item... Opps.

"Why do you say that?" I asked looking him dead in the eyes. I think I just became a couples counselor.

"She's been avoiding me for the past day or so." He spoke, I think he was actually concerned. "Did you make her upset?"

"I don't think so." He thought, "but I might of."

"Miras not one to get offended easily, I would know by her attitude if she was upset." I thought aloud. "I can talk to her for you."

"Would you?" I smiled and nodded, I did somewhat miss everyone. "I'll be back faster than you can create lightning."

With that said I jumped the tailing and landed on a bar seat. I waited for Mira to finish giving Cana a beer before I waved her over. "Hey Hailey what can I get you today?"

"Um, I'm feeling a blueberry shake." I smiled, her smile was surely contagious. However I could tell something was bothering her. "Right away."

A coupleinutes later she was back with my shake. "So, how are you and Laxus?"

"W-were good." She blushed, but she also stuttered, Mira doesn't stutter. "Really? That's great, anything interesting happen recently."

"Actually..." She looked around then whispered ever so softly. "I think I'm pregnant."

I dropped the shake from my hand, and spilt it slightly has it hit the counter. Another pregnancy in Fairytail. "Really?"

"I'm not sure but I'm late and I couldn't stop throwing up this morning." She spoke, the concern in her eyes disappearing. "But Laxus doesn't know yet, I'm not sure how to tell him."

"Im sure he'd be ecstatic." I smiled and if possible hers grew even wider. "You think so?"

"I know so." I giggled and took her hand into my own. "If you want me and Wendy can check for sure."

"I'd love that." She squealed and squeezed my hand lightly. "Come see us later, I'm sure Wendy won't mind."

"Alrighty I'll talk to you soon, Cana needs another." She giggled and walked off with a wave. I slurpped my milkshake quickly and went back to the group.

Wendy hugged me from behind and smiled. "So another pregnant fairy?"

"You heard?" I asked my eyes wide, wondering if a certain blonde mage had heard. "Only because I focused my hearing solely on you two. Don't worry Gajeel was distracting Laxus."

"Oh thank Mavis." I thanked and gave Wendy a high five. "We kind of figured something was up when Laxus called for you."

"Yeah, he may be a dunce, but he cares for Mira." I concluded and slung my arm over her shoulder. "Don't you have that meeting next month in Crocus?"

"Yeah I do." I said slightly agitated. Since my disappearances the council has been watching me like a hawk. I have to attend all the meetings that have and I can't have master go in my place.

"Well Crocus u a big city and all, so I was thinking we get the team together and we spend some bonding time there." She spoke, stars in her eyes. I laughed and nodded. "That sounds nice, and I have something to look forward too. But I still have that stupid meeting and shit."

"Lighten up." She playfully punched my shoulder, and I couldn't help but laugh. That last time I heard that joke, I threw a lamp at Natsu.

"I guess so." I threw my hands up in defeat and laughed along with her.

"Also a certain someone's birthday is today? Am I right?" I thoght for a moment then my eyes widened. I guess it was. July 17th the day things went to hell for me. I was born, my mother died, I left. And ten days before the date Atlas was killed on July 7th and the others went into hiding.

"Shit, I need to go home!" I cussed and grabbed my scythe from the table. "I guess I was right then."

"Indeed you were." My words were rushed as I grabbed everything then flashed to Masters room. He jumped when I appeared then scolded me. "I told you not to do that child."

"Since when do I listed to you?" I joked and sat in a chair he had. "I swear I'm going to die of a heart attack that you children cause."

"Us?" I pointed at myself and referred to everyone else in the guild. I shook my head and sunk into the chair. "Never."

"Anyways what brings you to see  your old man?" He asked with an all knowing quirked brow. "Ima go home for today, I'll be back late tommorow."

"And you told me this because?" He edged as he picked up a stack of papers that was twice his size.

"Not my home but the Yuki estate." I added, understanding where his confusion was coming from. "I see, you have permission. Just don't disappear again, we enjoy having you back Reaper."

"Alright thanks gramps!" I enthused and gave him a quick hug before I flashed half way go the estate and walked the rest of the way there. How I'm already dreading this.

Happy birthday to me...