Chapter 45

10 months, and it feels like years have gone by. I was currently laying in bed reading a book on plants. Why? Because I wanted to know what chemicals and organisms made their structure.

And on top of that I was bored. So freaking bored. I stood up from my bed, my hair falling to frame my face. I blew away the parts that covered my eyes and in the corner of my eye I saw my brace. I sighed and pushed the thoughts to the back of my head as I went to the bathroom. I took off my shirt, left in a black sports bra. Along both sides of my stomach was my scars I recived. I traced it from the top of my neck all the way down to my hip.

How useless was I, I couldn't even protect myself. I washed my face with water and quickly braided my thing length hair so it was out of my way. I looked at all the other scars that my body held and sighed. So many scars and each one reminds me of my weaknesses. I picked out a leather jacket and threw it on over my sports bra. I strapped a holster to my right leg, and connected it to my black spandex shorts. I laced up my black combat boots and threw on my cloak.

I made my way to the guild and went straight for masters office. I knocked on the door and heard a faint come in.

"Hailey, what brings you here?" He asked, but from his voice I think he already knows. "I'm going back to the ninjas, no not for a long time just a day or two. Ill be back before the next meeting and the council won't suspect a thing."

"Okay do as you wish. At east there you won't charge me any property damage." The last part was said quietly and the normal human ear wouldn't hear it. But lucky for me I ain't normal. "You got it old man!"

I quickly said a few words before a portal appeared at my feet, I waved as I fell through. The dizzy feeling clouded my senses, and I felt the same sickness as when I ride the train. I closed my eyes and only opened them when I felt the ground stabilizing. I opened my eyes and was met with my apartment. I smiled as I opened the window and breathed in the air. I might sound crazy but air in Konaha is much different from Magnolia. I jumped out the window, the wind caused my cape to soar behind me.

I hit the ground and started rushing through the streets. My once braided hair was now free and flowed freely. My Lilac eyes scanned the area, nostalgia flooded my senses.

"Hailey?" I turned to see who called my name and smiled when I saw Sai. "Hey Sai, long time to no see buddy!"

"I thought you didn't like me?" He asked his poker face still as present as ever. I laughed and stopped running to talk to him. "I didn't like how you treated team 7. Besides you proved yourself to me during the war. And I'm sorry I went off on you a few years ago."

"You've already been forgiven." He smiled, wait... Sai smiled! The emotionless freak smiled! Er wait, that sounded mean. White boy smiled!

"Good to know, but I'd like to know where Naruto or Kakashi is." I said to him, hoping to find them around. "I believe Kakashi is at the Hokages tower."

"Hokage tower? For what?" I saw him quirk a brow then snapped his fingers. "Oh that's right, you were gone and missed his inauguration."

"Inaga-what?" I asked, my head titled to the side. He rubbed the back of his head then dropped his arm. "It might be better if you just go see him."

"Okie doki, will do. See Ya around Sai!" I yelled as I started booking it for the tower. I jumped through the window and expected to see lady Tsunade but I was greeted with a gravity defying head of air.

"Wassup bitiches!" I was immediately pursued by a head of hair I knew all to well and a man with brown hair and freaky eyes. I pulled down my hood and put my hands in the air.

"So this is how you welcome old friends." I mumbled under my breath and then saw Naruto rush at me and engulfed me into a bone crushing hug.

"Hailey! We haven't seen you in years!" He yelled and if possible squeezed me tighter. I think I might have broken a few ribs. "It's been ten months Naruto. I know you're not the brightest but their is twelve months in a year buddy. Now could you please let go of me before the air in my lungs disappears."

"Yeah right." He said sheepishly and rubbed the back of his head in a apologetic manner. I turned and looked at Yamato with a smile and he returned it but more of a smirk. I turned and saw Kakashi sitting and watching the scene play out in front of him.

"Kakabaka!" I yelled and jumped on his back. He fell off the chair and landed on the wood floor with a thud.

"You haven't changed much, oh and happy belated birthday." He said as he pushed me off of him and got up.

"Thanks im seventeen now!" I smiled and got off the ground and took off my cloak. I staighted my jacket out and looked at him. "But do you mind telling me why you guys are here and whered Tsunade?"

"Oh Kakashi is the Hokage now." Yamato said in a matter of fact tone. I now remember how I also went off at Yamato. At his tone I fell to the floor laughing, tossing and turning to the joke they had going on. "That's funny, Kakashi as Hokage."

I slowly stopped laughing and they all stared at me. Kakashi sighed and Yamato face palmed. Naruto started to laugh along with me.

"Are you two done yet." Kakashi asked, getting slightly impatient. I nodded and wiped my eyes and looked at him. "Seriously where's Lady Hokage."

"Right here." Kakashi pointed at himself. I looked at Naruto for conformation and he nodded. "Kakashi your a girl!"

"What! No no no!" He waved his hands in front of him and shook his head in a frantic manner. "It's okay Kakashi you can be open with me."

"I'm not a girl just the Hokage!" He clarified and I smiled. I patted him on the pack. "I could see why Tsunade chose you, malady."

He rolled his eyes, yes eyes, he no longer has the sharingan but the scar still remains. This is how I spent the day and tommorow just hanging around with some of my old freinds. Which would still be my friends cause ya know, logic! But to say I missed then would be a lie. I don't even know how I fucking functioned without them!