Chapter 31

"You could start by telling me why you're here." I deadpanned, my foot tapping rapidly against the jagged earth. I quickly became impatient, my mind racing against itself. 

"Well it happened earlier today, team Natsu went on a mission, and I decided to stay back. I sat around the guild all day, Master was at a council meeting. He was covering for you as well, we just stated that you took a year-long quest to keep the council from questioning us any further." Wendy started to explain, hesitation was evident in her seemingly broken voice. Levy just nodded slowly, listening to what Wends was saying. 

"Then after I left for Fairy Hills I was getting ready for bed and suddenly a projection lacrima appeared in the sky of Magnolia." Wends spoke softly, Levy noticed her sudden drop and mood and interjected herself. "This is where I came in, I went to Wendy's. I knew she was one of the remaining girls at the guild. By the time we got there some man with a red mask over his eyes started talking." 

I searched my memory for someone with a red mask, but nothing came to mind. None of this made any sense, what are they trying to get at. 

"He then said that he had news for our guild, he's holding master hostage." Levy concluded with a melancholy face. Wendy added on quickly, "Along with the other council and wizard saints."

My head hung low, my hood and hair shadowed my lilac eyes. Anger started to fuel my body, adrenaline soon kicking in. My hands balled into fists and turned white from the pressure I was exerting. 

"What does this have to do with me?" I hissed through clenched teeth, I was trying so hard to keep my anger from showing. Slowly I could feel power seeping out of my body. It was raw magic, and it started to contaminate the air around us.

"The man with red hair said that you were missing from the meeting and you have to save them." Levy broke down, tears were now streaming down her pale face. "Please Hailey, nobody strong enough is at the guild, and Team Natsu undoubtedly heard the message by now."

I clenched my jaw and a path of blood rolled down my hand. My sharp dragon-like talons had pierced through my tough skin. Scales appeared throughout my body, and my circlet once again appeared. My teeth turned to sharp, and deadly weapons. My eyes had swirled into a dark crimson red, and the fire was escaping from my body. The gem in my circlet was the same color as my eyes. 

I was in my Fire Dragon Force. 

"Nobody messes with my family and gets away with it." I loathed, a single tear rolled down my face. A few shinobi turned their heads in my direction, the sheer power was enough to challenge a dragon. I transported the three of us to Naruto and Sasuke.

Both of them looked at me with wide eyes, my bloodied hands released the two blue-haired mages and fell to my side. 

"I'm gonna have to take a rain check on this war if you wish I can stop time until I return." Sasuke and Naruto gave each other a small look, a smile spread across Naruto's face. Sasuke looked forward and smirked slightly. 

"When you come back the war will be over, believe it!" Naruto shouted and gave me a thumbs up, my scowl disappeared for a slight second, but quickly returned. 

"Just don't do anything reckless." Sasuke added in, I nodded slightly and waved to the two boys. 

"Wends, Levy, let's go." I was about to use my magic but then I remembered something quite important. 

"Tomi." I facepalmed, I crossed my fingers in front of me and got ready to perform the flying rajinn. 

"The blacksmith?" Wendy asked, her voice held confusion. "Yeah, he tried to kill me."

That's when I was hit by a metaphorical bullet, wait he said a higher up was telling him to kill me. 

"Hold on to me, I'll see you around Naruto, Sauske." I gave a small smile, then once I felt two hands on my shoulder I transported us to a certain pineapple haired shinobi. 

"Yo, where's the boy I told you to watch earlier." Was my greeting, he looked at me with a quirked brow. I then pointed to the kunai that was on his belt with a smirk. Anger still rushed through me, and this red haired man who is holding master captive won't even stand a chance when I show up. 

Shikamaru then pointed over to a rock and Tomi was still unconscious. I ran over to him, placed my glowing hand on his forehead. I quickly woke him up, but he was awoken with a backhand slap across his face. 

"Who sent you to kill me?" I asked, fire starting to radiate from my body once again. He held his cheek, his eyes wide.

"Aaron, he wanted me to kill you, he'd kill me if I showed up empty-handed!" He rushed to explain his actions. 

A plan started to formulate in my mind, I smirked a messed up smirk and grabbed his hand. I smoothly pulled him to his feet. 

"Well, you're not showing up empty-handed," I concluded and ignored his ridiculous look. I saw Levy nod, at least somebody knows what I'm planning. 

I connected my hands with Wends and Tomi, Levy placed hers on my shoulder. "Bye pineapple."

A magic circle appeared under our feet, then the feeling of dimension-hopping filled my senses once again.  

Time to beat some people up, and save the guild. This seems to be a daily outing for me lately. 

Oh, Mavis, I hope that this Aaron figure hasn't done anything that would make me upset... for his sake at least.