Chapter 36

I snapped my head to see what the change in current meant. I felt my heart rate quicken as an unfamiliar feeling flooded my chest.

I looked to my left to see Kakashi's eyes widen at the intensity of the battle. Without much thought I threw one of my special kunai into the battlefield.

Naruto's rasengan began to grow rapidly. The air current becoming noticeable to even the weakest ninja. The crackling sound of lightning grew louder in my sensitive ears. His chidori was large and I could sense the sheer power radiating from it.

They two males started rushing towards one another. I felt a warm bead of water roll down my cheeks. Without any thoght of my actions my eyes turned a pale blue and the other a brilliant yellow. I used the flying Rajinn technique to flash myself towards the boys. I rushed in between them and held out my right arm towards Naruto and my left towards Sasuke. My yellow eye looked Sasuke dead in the eyes while my blue one did the same with Naruto.

"Stop!" I screeched, but I felt the attacks collide with my palms. Their attacks absorbed into my own being, but the reprocution of their attacks winded me. I was sent tumbling backwards and I could feel my stomach being torn open.

I groaned as I collided with the water fall.

"Hailey!" I heard Natsu shout as his heat became familiar. I could see the water turn slightly crimson, meaning my wound had undoubtly reopened. The water splashed around me as someone picked me up in their arms.

I could make out Natsu's pink hair, and his signature scarf as I was placed on the ground.

"I need you to burn my stomach again, the force of the blow ripped it apart once again." I said through clenched teeth. "I need help, Wendy helped earlier."

I saw three more people start to crowd around us. "Kakashi, I need you to fire an attack at me."

He shot me an absurd look, like I was asking him to kill somebody. Natsu eyes widened as he nodded slightly.

"No, silver haired man shoot something at her." Natsu demanded to the jonin next to him. Kakashi made a few handsigns, then a water dragon was sent our way. I flipped my eyes and sucked in all of the water. I could feel my power being replenished and that also meant I was more stable.

I took off my cloak, leaving me in a sports bra and my shorts. My recently burned and gashed stomach was on display. I saw both Naruto's and Sasuke's eyes widen at the condition of my wound. It defenrolt wasn't something the faint of heart should see.

"What happened?" Naruto questioned, his eyes looking intently at the cut.

"Long story short, I fought a blind man who was a really good sensor then had flame brain over here burn it together and as you can see your guys attack reopened the damn thing." I explained in a slightly annoyed tone. The water had my cells working slightly faster, but it would still have to be cauterized again to keep the blood loss at minimum.

I watched as Natsu's hand was engulfed in his flames. I mentally braced myself for the pain I was about to feel. As soon as the flames made contact with my I clenched my jaw shut to keep in any unnecessary screams. I held the pain in as best as I could. I felt something warm grab my hand. I noticed Uchiha's worried face as I clenched his hand tightly.

"Hurry the hell u- up Natsu!" I shouted through clenched teeth.

These past couple of hours have been some of the most action packed moments of my life. Not to mention it was also the first time I have burned sense I was just learning fire magic. I forgot how freaking painful burns were to human skin.

The pain lingered after Natsu retracted his hands from my stomach. "That hurt like a son of a bitch!"

"Sorry killer." Natsu laughed, but I could see the guilt in his eyes. I slowly pushed myself up, so I looked into his eyes. "Pyro!"

"Shorty!" He shouted back at me, I gasped and glared at him. He has gone too far!

"Flame brain!" I hissed through my teeth. We had a starring contest, but stopped when we both fell back into the water laughing our asses off.

I now noticed that the three ninja around us giving us the most crazed look ever. Which only made me laugh harder, which also made my stomach hurt more.

I finally calmed down and realized I was still holding Sasuke's hand. A slight blush crept onto my face as I turned my gaze away from the raven haired boy.

Everyone fell into an unpleasant silence, but no one dared to break it. Expect for me of course. "So it's over."

Naruto nodded slowly, he sat on top of the water, starring off into seemingly nothing. I looked to Kakashi who had a far off look in his eyes.

"We should get back to everyone before they start to wonder of our whereabouts." Kakashi spoke in a monotone voice, like he was lost in thought.

I began to stand up, using Natsu as my support. That was until Uchiha offered his assistance, I threw my arm around his shoulders, and my other was rested on Natsu.

For now we go back to the leaf village to see what life has in store for us. But ever from the atmosphere, a moron could easily tell. That nothing would be the same.

I had a lightbulb moment as I looked towards the blonde haired shinobi that was rising from his spot. I smiled as I made a gust of air sabotage his balance. He looked at me and smiled back, his usual goofy grin matched my small smile.

"Happy Birthday Naruto."