Chapter 29

I slumped into my seat at the bar, twirling my vibrant blue hair between my fingers. A sliding beer caught my attention and made me perk up. 

"Oh yeah! Keep em' coming Mira!" Cana yelled as she chugged another beer with a smile on her face. 

"Drink responsibly Cana!" Mira scolded with a small huff of annoyance. I went back to twirling absentmindedly, watching as the once lively guild was quite quiet, besides Cana's constant chanting. 

"You look lonesome, missing Hailey?" Mira attempted to make small talk, but she was right, it hasn't even been that long of a time that Hailey left. "Or maybe you're missing Romeo." 

A slight pink hue crossed my face, as I buried my head into my pigtails. 

"Team Natsu went on a mission, why didn't you go?" Mira questioned, I sighed and shrugged. "Just wasn't feeling it." 

"Seems you are hitting your sour sixteens." Mira shook her head, her signature smile appearing on her face. I giggled and waved her off. "Just doesn't feel right without Hailey." 

"I know what you mean when Lisanna went to Edolas I changed and stopped missions." Mira soothed or at least tried to soothe me. "So you want me to quit being a mage?" 

"No, heavens no, I was just saying that loss can do things to a person." She interjected quickly, waving her hands frantically in front of her. 

"Yeah, but I haven't lost her, shes just not here." I complained and slammed my head onto the counter with a groan. 

"Well, can I get you anything to drink? On the house." Mira smiled, I returned her smile and nodded my head. "A blueberry milkshake sounds pretty good right now." 

"Sure thing." She turned and slid another beer in Cana's direction, then turned to make my drink. I slid my hands down my face, sighing in the process. 

"When does master get back?" I asked Mira as she handed me the blueberry shake. I sipped gradually, taking precautions of any unwanted brain freeze. 

"Well he's at a council meeting, filling for Hailey and himself, so he's probably receiving an earful due to Hailey's absence. So my best guess would be tomorrow probably." Mira informed, then turned to, once again, tend the bar counter and sliding another beer down to Cana. 

I took my time with my shake, then headed back to Fairy Hills to practice my magic. Carla went with Team Natsu leaving just me. 

I plopped onto my bed, sleep sounds good right now. I sighed and was about to forget about training when I heard a commotion from outside. I rolled my eyes and got out of my bed and walked over to the dimly lit window. The only light coming in is from the dimly lit stars and the full moon overhead. 

In the sky were floating lacrimas, and if I had to guess they were projection lacrimas. 

"What the heck?" I asked no one but myself. I rubbed my eyes, perhaps I was just seeing something. I was proven wrong when the lacrimas started to project a face. 

They had red hair, and a blindfold covering their face. They were pale and muscular, but other than that I couldn't define anything else about this person. 

"Wendy, do you see this?" I whipped my head around to see who had burst into my room. It was a small petite girl, whos about twenty in age and had the same blue hair as me. 

"I do Levy," I confirmed as both of our gazes were fixated on the projection outside. 

"Hello, Fiore!" The red-haired man said, his voice quite unpleasant. Something about this was off. It had to be around eight o'clock and many people were crowded around outside, interested as to what this person has to offer. 

"Many of you must be confused as to who I am, but that will be answered in due time. In the meantime, I have paid a visit to the council meeting. They were so glad to see me, but I was upset to find out that one of the wizard saints wasn't present. So, of course, I had to retaliate, Fairytail I do hope you can hear me, for I have news for your guild." My ears perked up, annoyance settling in. Just what was this guys problem.

"I hope I have your attention, or shall I say his?" The projection then showed master with a gag in his mouth and ropes tied his hands. I became enraged with this, my hands clenched around the window sill and paled from the amount of force I was applying. "Oh don't fret, he won't get hurt as long as the Reaper decides to show her pretty little face. Or else this little man just might get what he deserves." 

"Stop this!" I called out, Levy rested her hand on my shoulder and shook her head. "Those are only projection Lacrima's, he can't hear you." 

"Damn it!" I cussed, pounding my hand on the sill. Tears threatened to fall from my chocolate orbs, but I held them back. No! I was done crying, I just need to get a hold of Hailey. 

"Wendy calm down, it's not the worst thing that's happened, we can just contact the rest of the council and report the kidnapping of master." Levy stated a confident look in her eye. 

"Oh and before anybody gets any ideas, I think the council would disapprove." Once again the projection shifted to show the bodies of the council elders all knocked out.

"Now what do you supposed Levy?" Her eyes were as wide as saucers as she looked at me and shook her head. "Find Hailey." 

"Easier said than done," I concluded as I watched the projection slowly disperse, the crowd was yelling, over that yelling I was able to hear one more thing. "Hurry Reaper your time is ticking down."