Chapter 49

I walked out of the building and ran a hand down my face, stress was flooding through my body. The meeting was horrendous. After I got my ass fucking handed to me for being late, we discussed the taboo topic of Serena once again. He's grown quiet, too quiet for the council's liking. Then they go as far as implanting a potential spy in the Alvarez Empire, and do you know who they asked? They are thinking about sending me their, now the words that ran through my mind were far from lady language, I'd go as far and say that with my thoughts I'm going somewhere way worse than hell.

"You're done?" I looked for the voice's owner and noticed Sasuke leaning against a pillar. "Yes, for today they want to meet next week, instead of waiting another week like normal. I fucking hate having responsibilities. I really miss being a care free mage who was fawned over for my power. I was fine being the One and Only Reaper, and not a god."

I saw Sasuke smirk and I was about to go off at him as well. The slightest thing right now could piss me, and Sasuke was about a hair away from his death bed. "What?! What is so amusing to you right now!"

"You're cute when you get mad." I was taken back by his bold response, he has never called me cute before. My face flushed and I crossed my arms, slightly frustrated with my emotions at the moment. "You can't just say stuff like that."

"Why can't I?" If I didn't know better I would think Sasuke Uchiha was teasing me. I blushed even harder, with his blunt statements. "Because its not natural!"

"But it feels natural." I was seriously starting to doubt his mind at this moment. He was blunt sure, but never to this degree. I looked him up and down and his smirk growing even wider. "Checking me out?"

"N-no." I stuttered, looking away from him which only made him chuckle. He smiled th-, wait, hold the front door, he smiled. It seemed rather genuine at that. His smile was contagious before I could think anymore a smile had spread throughout my flustered face. "I hate you Sasuke Uchiha."

"I love you Hailey Yuki." I was once again frozen to my spot, five words and I had stopped functioning. This definitely wasn't the strong independent girl I used to be. My heart beat was abnormal and I really didn't understand why. Medically I was fine but something caused my heart race to speed up. Suddenly I had the confidence to speak up. "Where is everyone?"

"Well we are meeting at some karaoke bar I think." He quickly regained his composure, and I think he was slightly hurt, but I don't know why at all. A smile crossed my face and I was now excited. "Sweet sauce I know where that is c'mon!"

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him along with me. I raced down the streets making a sudden turn here and there and soon enough we were in front of a smallish building with a colorful exterior. I smiled and opened the doors like a normal person would. I was greeted with familiar faces and I smiled.

We were given a room and I thanked the lady a she left us alone. We got six part sized pizzas for us, let me say it probably wouldn't be enough. I quickly jumped onto the small platform claiming the first song as my own.

"My turn! C'mon ice princess~" Natsu cooed at Gray with a goofy smile, Gray slowly nodded. I noted that he wasn't thrilled with the idea. When they picked their song I saw Gray laugh and I started smiling as soon as I heard the music.

"Their is seriously something wrong with Fairytail." Lucy laughed at the sight of them. Next up was Ino, Shikamaru, and Naruto. Honestly how the three of them decided on a song but I thought it was fun. "This is such a drag."

This was the rest of our day, well until the pizza came that was a on whole other level of scary. Never mess with dragon slayers and their food. It's like taking a mother away from her children, hecking scary.

"We should probably start heading back, Mira is watching Rin and Luna along with Nova." Lucy spoke with a small hint of guilt. I mean she did leave her child with a barmaid, who's loving and sweet but has quite the temper.

"Yeah and we need to be heading back, I'm still the Hokage." Kakashi sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, and I thought I was the irresponsible one of the bunch.

"Then let's get going, I need to sleep sometime soon." I laughed and held the door for everyone to walk out of the building. We walked to the train station, everyone talking to others. While I stayed back and had many thoughts running through my mind at the moment.

Would I accept the infiltration request and spy on the Alvarez Empire? If I did it would surely be suicidal. Plus how would I confront the guild about the situation and Wendy, god she would be worried sick all of the time. I let out a sigh and looked to the moon. The stars filled the once sunny sky.

"Hey." I jumped and almost let out a yelp of surprise, keyword almost. I looked at Sasuke eyes wide and mouth open. I slapped his shoulder and scolded. "Who taught you manners? You scared the living devil out of me!"

"If I scared the devil wouldn't you be thanking me?" He asked with a smug smirk. I glared at him showing I was in no joking mood. "You're an idiot."

"Only for you." He smiled and for a moment I could of sworn my heart had stopped. Was he actually flirting with me? It was now I noticed that we had strayed away from the rest of the group. He grabbed my hand lightly and pulled me close to his chest.

"Hey Hailey?" His voice became less confident, but honestly I didn't care, all I could think about was how close our bodies were. I looked up at him to show I was listening. "Will you be my girlfriend?"