Prologue

"I said now!" The man in front of me screamed from his throne. I kneeled down in front of the red haired man, his eyes covered with a black bandanna.

"Sir, we don't have the information. We can't keep tracking down a women who evades us." I told the man, my body trembling with fear. The last time someone had failed the master they weren't heard from again. And I didn't want to end up that way.

"Do you really want to end up like the others!?" I chill ran down my spine, his voice was cold and showed pure anger.

"No sir." I nodded, never once looking up from the ground that had caught my attention. The small cracks seeming more interesting than the conversation in front of me. I was scared senseless and just wanted to be free again.

"Then I suggest you don't mess this up! Get back out into the field, and find us the girl!" My calloused hands came into view, they were pale and violently shaking.

"Sir must I remind you that we have lost countless men to her alone. She won't be taken easily if at all." I opposed his idea, I didn't want to die to the women who saved me.

"Yes but that is where you come in, you have a background with her. She trusts you, you can fiddle your way into being her friend easily. We didn't burn your village and kill your mother for nothing. We have know she was going to be there from the beginning." I bit my lip, I can't leave this horrid person even if I wanted to. He has too much on me, and can find me and kill me in a moments notice.

"You are the only person here that is capable of such a task, hence the reason you have been chosen." I balled my hand into a fist, my knuckles turning white from my grasp. I pushed myself off the ground, and grabbed my skillfully made lightweight battle axe. One I had made not too long ago.

"I understand, but don't think it will look suspicious if I follow her into another dimension?" I contradicted his idea, tirelessly trying to get out of the idiotic plan of his.

"You're a smart man you'll figure something out. If you don't I have others who would just love to kill you on the spot," He stood from his throne and walked towards me. "Just remember if you dare defy me I will have your head and hers. There really is no use of hiding your admiration for her it is clear as day."

My hands became clammy and started to shake, my nerves spiraling out of control. It's quite funny how much one person can scare another of his race.

"Besides you can use her as leverage to gain on her. She would be willing to do anything to make sure her precious family is safe." His words were twisted and made me sick. Nobody should have his kind of mindset. I wonder what happens in his mind sometimes, but I think I'd gag from the thoughts he had.

"You can always find a way to 1up the girl. She has far too many attachments to be used against her. She's soft and is willing to sacrifice everything even if it means saving one person. I myself should know as well." I gulped down a breath I didn't know I was holding. My hands were shaking beyond control.

"Look at you, scared shitless in the spot where you stand. She may seem innocent and harmless, but that's only a facade, she had done unforgivable things in her short life. So why not take away her ability to live. But be sure to bring her alive." The fact that his eyes were nowhere to be seen made him even more intimidating.

I avoided looking at him all together, my eyes laying on the cracked floor below me. I looked up when I heard footsteps walking away from me.

I saw him leaving the room, but suddenly he stopped, he didn't look at me or anything. He just stood there staring into the darkness. On his neck I saw the edge triangle of a tatto sticking out of his collar I was frozen, besides my shaking body, it was like fear overcame me. The only thing on my mind was survival, and the things I had to do to gain the luxury of life wouldn't be pretty.

But in this cruel world, a slaughter would be the most if an everyday life for somebody. These horrid things we have to do to survive is a big game that the powerful control, the weak are only a pawn to them. With one goal in mind and one goal only, he will go to great and inhumane lengths to achieve it.

This is the man who would kill a thousand if it mean he got a step closer to his goal.

"Don't fuck it up."

I nodded slowly, the sensation of fear coursing throughout my body. "Yes sir."

I looked down at the ground like I was watching my mother die once again, it was better than looking at him.

His footsteps drew further and farther away until the sound was just a cruel memory my mind kept replaying over and over again.

I looked around the dull room before I regained myself again. I steadied my axe on my back, the pointed side facing outwards. As I walked out of the room and was finally in solitude my mind began running.

What was I about to do? Should I really do it? Was I going to kill her?

The one I had looked up to? The one who had saved me from the grasp of death?

I think I was about to do it.