Chapter 32

I slowly peeled my eyes open, the dark sky of Magnolia was the first thing I saw. I breathed in the air, silently hoping that I had just woken up from a nap. The distinct smell of lavender filled my nose as I looked to the two girls beside me and Tomi.

"First order of business should be to go to the guild, gather as much information on this guy as possible." I explained, I received nods and an unsure look from Tomi.

We all raced throgh the busy streets of Magnolia, weaving in and out of people. They all seemed to be talking about the same thing, the mysterious masked man. My hood was held high over my criclet, and hide my dragon scales. But my fire red eyes were a dead giveaway.

"Almost there." Wendy spoke, her eyes turning to a look of determination. What ever happened to the little girl who cried over spilled milk? She has really grown into a fine young lady.

I saw the famous guild hall of Fairytail come into view. I smirked, and tried to keep my anger at bay, radiating energy doesn't seem to be the best idea in the middle of a crowded town.

I kicked the door in, slightly out of breath and I raised my hand in the air, creating the ever so famous hand signal.

"I'm back bitches!" I shouted into the silent hall. "What's with the long faces? We're fairytail, and we are going to get our master back! Stand with pride and let's get ready to show these bastards who's the fucking boss around here!"

My attempt to lighten the tense atmosphere seemed to work as Elfman stood up and pounded his manly fist into the air. "Now that Hailey's back, we have to be manly! She's the manliest man around!"

I gave a smile to the energetic man and turned to the rest of the guild who looked at me with hope in their eyes. They finally have the resolve to keep going, the resolve is me.

"Listen up!" I gained everyone's attention and jumped onto a table, letting my hood fall. "This isn't some easy retrieval mission. The enemy is unknown to us, so if anyone as information please speak up!"

I looked out into the sea of mages, hoping one person would speak up. A few moments passed and nobody uttered a word. "Speak up or forever hold your peace!"

Once again the same response was heard. Or should I say unheard, as the guild fell into the silent state once again.

"Okay then..." I looked at Wendy who shrugged, then towards Tomi who held his head down.

"Everyone prepare for anything! Make small groups, and use common sense while making the groups. Levy is overseeing who is in which group." I nodded to the blue haired girl beside me. Bestowing the responsibility upon her as I turned on my heel to jump off the table. Tomi's gaze was still fixated on the floor.

"Blacksmith, tell me what you know." I spoke rather harshly. More harsh then I've ever spoken to a comrade before... Well expect maybe Uchiha.

"I-m sorry," He choked out, his words barley audible. "I know how he fights but I can't tell you, he placed some spell on my tongue."

I quirked a brow and scoffed. Is he really playing games with me? Does he really expect me to believe him? I mean he did just try to kill me, so he hast to earn my trust back.

"You really think I'm going to fall for that, I'm sorry but your not exactly off the hook for trying to kill me." I hissed, my hand on my hip. He then grabbed his tongue and lifted so I could see the bottom of his tongue... gross.

much to my demise there on the back of his tongue was a seal. But it wasn't magic I could feel the chakra in it, just how has this person-who I assume is Aaron-have the ability to use chakra? I was in disbelief, how could this have happened? As far as I know of chakra only exist in the ninja realm.

Nothing seemed to be adding up right now, to me at least. Tomi looked unsettled, maybe he really was being forced into killing me. Humans react out of fear, maybe that is what Tomi is, just trying to live and see another day.

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath, so far we've wasted ten minutes and haven't figured out a signal thing. I walked over to Wendy and ran my hand across my restless face. I haven't slept in what feels like forever.

"Hailey." Wendy's head shot up, I saw her sniff the air, me being curious did the same thing as her. I lifted my head and smelt the eerie air. That's when I smelt strawberry and lavender. And the thick scent of ash to go along with it.

"I smell them Wends." I looked over at the big doors that I had previously kicked open. As if o cue the doors swung open and revealed a group of mages, that I call my team, panting and out if breath.

"We ran here..." Gray started to say.

"All the way from..." Lucy added into Grays fragment of a sentence.

"Crocus. When we..." Erza once a on added on.

"Heard of masters..." Carla breathed heavily.

"Kidnapping!" Happy finished. I looked from Wendy to the group of ragtags. I don't know is them showing up was a blessing or a curse. Either was Team Natsu was back in fucking business!

"About time you losers show up!" I cat called them from across the room. All their faces scanned the room for the owner of the insulted, which happened to be me.

"Well I'm sorry we wr-" Natsu cut himself off, and tackled me into a hug. "Hailey!"

The rest of the group welcomed me, I just wish the bitter reunion was of better circumstances.