Chapter 16

"The force is strong, the moment I let up the gates break."

All eyes were on me, all I could do was just keep trying to hold onto my grip. Each second, even with the added power I could feel my energy leaving my body. Just what is this Obito person? His strength is otherworldly. 

"You've got this Hailey," Naruto comforted, I nodded slowly hanging tightly onto Sasuke's neck. Beads of sweat rolled down my face, my skin getting paler by the second. Come on Hail, you're better than this. Think of all the times you've suffered. Think of all the good times you've had. Just don't think of how painful this is. 

My hand started to shake, my arms following in suit. My eyes felt heavy, and suddenly all I could think about was sleeping. Sleep seems good right about now. No! Stop thinking like that. If you let up on the attack, countless people will suffer from my failure. 

I've failed too many people to stop now, I need to keep going. I poured every once of my being into my final attempt of sealing off this bitch. My right eye swirled into a color of blue, one like the ocean. One by one, I felt all my enchantments fall. The added magic that gave me should be just enough. 

"Water and Earth Dragon!" Sasuke looked over at me, I could hear him and Naruto yelling at me to stop. However I didn't listen, if I stop nobody might make it. I have to do this, even if it kills me. 

I reached my shaking hand out if front of me, taking my hand away from Sasuke as well. Calming myself down I was ready. Ready for whatever was going to come next. 

"Secret Art; Clay Cryptic Cell!" I chanted, a brown and blue magic circle appearing at my feet. Water came from seemingly nowhere and headed straight for the wall that was being built around the wall. Layers upon layers of dirt, turning to a hardening clay with the help of my water magic. 

I counted as more layers compressed on the previous one. 

Sixteen.

Seventeen.

Eighteen. 

Nineteen. 

On the twentieth I was struggling to keep it up. Come on one more layer to complete the spell. I could feel my magic deficiency filling, or should I say, lack of magic in my veins. 

"One more." I breathed under my breath. With one final pulse of magic energy coming from my body the cell was finished. I collapsed to my knees with a smirk. Everything and person in the area was stunned with the display I just exhibited. 

My breaths were rugged and shallow, gasping for air, I fell backwards landing on my back. I felt the cold skin of the toad below me, but it was somewhat comforting. 

I felt my eyesight waiver, the red beams of the barrier was the only thing I could really make out. 

My hands were slung over somebody's shoulders, or I should say people's shoulders. On my left was Sasuke, and on my right was Naruto. 

"Did I do it?" I huffed, trying to grasp air into my searing longues. They felt on fire, not in the good way either. I saw Sasuke smirk at my question and Naruto responded. "You did awesome, you were so cool." 

I noticed that Sasuke's smirk faltered as he noticed that the final barrier had two cracks, that were both spreading like wildfire. My eyes widened, my strongest containment spell failed. 

"I don't understand," I gawked, frustration evident in my voice. "That spell was made to hold dragons from wreaking havoc, ho- how did it break." 

"Unfortunately I think what we're dealing with might be stronger than your so called dragons." Minato examined, his voice was low. Bewilderment was all I could feel, the thing I had put so much effort into was about to collapse. Everyone on the battlefield watched as the cell took its final defense. I failed, I failed a- fucking- gain. 

"I failed everyone." My voice was hesitant, and for the first time in forever I didn't feel confident in my abilities. The wall exploded, the debris scattering just about everywhere it could. 

I fell from the two males support, holding my head in distraught. I saw Obito standing where he stood before. He was fine, no signs of struggle, he emerged unscatehed. His weird skin seemed to be emitting some sort of chakra that was a dark crimson color. 

Nobody dared to even move or speak, the crowds fear became their reality as Obito straightened his posture. 

"Hailey you didn't fail, he's just too strong for one of us to take on by ourselves." Naruto tried to reach his hand out towards me. "Maybe I'm just not strong enough to do anything, all I seem to do is let people down." 

"Yuki-," I swatted away their attempts of comfort, I failed again. "Stop, I can't do anything." 

"Yuki stop!" I looked up hesitantly, looking into Sasuke's eyes. His hands were placed on my shoulders as he crouched down to my level. 

"You haven't failed anyone, get up and fight and be the Fairy to make things right." Silent tears escaped as I reached for Naruto's hand. He smiled and patted my back as I rose to my feet. "Now this is the Hailey I know, Believe it!" 

Obito's red chakra reached for the barrier, decreasing it to nothing within seconds. He even defeated the kages barrier. What kind of monster are we facing? I took in a deep breath, I let my magic start to replenish, slowly, but damn did it feel good. Minato gave me a little more chakra, just enough to do maybe two spells. But the more magic I had, the quicker I could make it. 

But the question is, would that be enough?